Expensive kitchens no??

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Meilingkie

Expensive kitchens no??

Post by Meilingkie » Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:42 am

Well

So just got of a quick call with my friend who visited a Freemason-temple earlier this week.
I couln´t attend because I was sick, but he ran into several LDS people who were also visiting the open house there.

So a former LDS facilitymanager attended as well. And he told my friend he´s been put out to pasture for the time being.
What happened my friend asked.
Well the FM was put out to pasture because he told the truth.

While he had been on sickleave a chapel was being renovated and a kitchen was installed for almost 50K.
Auditors came upon it, and asked him what´s what.
So the FM dug in the papers, invoices etc. and found the kitchen cost 8K, not 50K, and went to his superiors in Frankfurt.
Seems Frankfurt had had some losses due to cost-overruns elsewhere (Rome-temple anyone....) and to recover the money they inflated costs at other projects to "create money" to use for the projects with cost-overruns.

FM was livid, and filed a complaint against Frankfurt´s Facilities Management with SLC.
Needless to say everyone in the dept. is angry because the FM caused SLC to notice the irregularities.

My FM-friend is now on paid leave from the Church, and visiting a psychologist. Because doing the right thing is frowned upon in the Church.
A fact he never realised until now.
"Getting the Mormon out of the Church is easier than getting the Mormon out of the Ex-Mormon"

2bizE

Re: Expensive kitchens no??

Post by 2bizE » Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:11 am

Do we have facility managers in the U.S.? In the US, the church is non union, so the members or local leaders do all the work cleaning and caring for the church buildings?
How does this work if we want to renovate the place the EQ meets to look more like a man cave?
~2bizE

Corsair

Re: Expensive kitchens no??

Post by Corsair » Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:09 pm

Meilingkie wrote:Seems Frankfurt had had some losses due to cost-overruns elsewhere (Rome-temple anyone....) and to recover the money they inflated costs at other projects to "create money" to use for the projects with cost-overruns.
This sounds like the subject of an early chapter in a book about a massive financial conspiracy. But I doubt that anything really sinister is going on. It's simply LDS leadership culture where you are not encouraged to deliver bad news to priesthood authority figures because it implies that you were not faithful or obedient enough.