Slippery slope data

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
alas

Re: Slippery slope data

Post by alas » Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:22 am

Random wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 6:34 pm
malkie wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 2:11 pm
Was it here, or on the old MormonDiscussions (now DiscusMormonism) board, that someone was able to add a thread-kill percentage to the list of users?
I don't remember seeing it here. Sounds like an interesting thing to add.
I think we had that on the old board. But I would rather not make people paranoid about being the last one to put up a post on a three day old thread. It is going to die anyway. Why make people think what they say killed it.

Besides, over on DiscussMormonism they get a good fight going and it goes on and on for 50 pages of worthless bickering. They pick apart what people say just to argue with it. So, I don’t want people just posting to keep a thread going, or worrying that what they say will be the last post. I want people to feel free to post if they have something worthwhile to say.

malkie

Post by malkie » Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:23 pm

alas wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:22 am
Random wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 6:34 pm
malkie wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 2:11 pm
Was it here, or on the old MormonDiscussions (now DiscusMormonism) board, that someone was able to add a thread-kill percentage to the list of users?
I don't remember seeing it here. Sounds like an interesting thing to add.
I think we had that on the old board. But I would rather not make people paranoid about being the last one to put up a post on a three day old thread. It is going to die anyway. Why make people think what they say killed it.

Besides, over on DiscussMormonism they get a good fight going and it goes on and on for 50 pages of worthless bickering. They pick apart what people say just to argue with it. So, I don’t want people just posting to keep a thread going, or worrying that what they say will be the last post. I want people to feel free to post if they have something worthwhile to say.
IIRC, people wore it as a badge of honour.

However, I see your point, and if it made board members feel bad then I agree that it would not be a good idea.
aka malkie

Random

Post by Random » Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:07 pm

alas wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:22 am

Those are good points. I agree. (I'd like to know how many threads I was a thread-killer of, but I agree that it could make people feel bad - or post just to keep the thread going when they actually have nothing to add).
There are 2 Gods. One who created us. The other you created. The God you made up is just like you-thrives on flattery-makes you live in fear.

Believe in the God who created us. And the God you created should be abolished.
PK