Minor updates in the korihor family

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Korihor

Minor updates in the korihor family

Post by Korihor » Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:41 pm

Another day at TSCC is done. Mrs Kori is becoming increasingly bothered by the churxh, but at very small incremental steps. I absolutely hated church today. I had to bite my tongue to not say something I would regret later.

The talks were about "see yourself in the temple" all the standard drivel. After sacrament I had to get out of there so I tried unsuccessfully to get my friend to go get a Coke with me. He couldn't make it so I went solo and bought fountain drink for each of us. We spent the rest of the hour in the library- enjoying a few sips. Then it was combined 3rd hour and I met Mrs Kori and took my big swig with me into the chapel. Mrs Kori was horrified but the BP wife saw me and said "eh, No one cares"

So I enjoyed my large Coke in the chapel while they talked about the sacredness of the sacrament. It was nonsense and Mrs Kori was bothered again.

We went home. At the end Of the night the kids were in bed, DW was on the computer and I watched the World Series on my couch while enjoying an angry orchard cider.
Reading can severely damage your ignorance.

AzCommando

Re: Minor updates in the korihor family

Post by AzCommando » Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:15 am

Korihor wrote:
The talks were about "see yourself in the temple" all the standard drivel. After sacrament I had to get out of there so I tried unsuccessfully to get my friend to go get a Coke with me. He couldn't make it so I went solo and bought fountain drink for each of us. We spent the rest of the hour in the library- enjoying a few sips. .
Hey Korihor. What did the cup say on the outside?

Once I attended the block with a cold and a cough so I carried a bottle of cough syrup in my pocket and occasionally I would sip from it.
Mrs. commando was not happy.

John G.

Post by John G. » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:45 am

WoW! That's bold! Probably scared off the Holy Ghost for everybody! Did you think about that before you did what you did?

Just kidding....It would get judgmental looks in the Utah ward I grew up in. But the current ward I'm in now, outside of Morridor, an active member could probably get away with it. They could get away it if only because the ward is struggling and the last time I attended EQ there were only 2 other Elders there! Like any normal church, my current ward is just happy you show up!

(ETA: However I have only attended a couple of times so my experience could be biased toward the friendliness I experienced because I was new to the ward. After I've been in a ward for awhile the break they give the new people tends to wear off).
"If your children are taught untruths on evolution in the public schools or even in our Church schools, provide them with a copy of President Joseph Fielding Smith's excellent rebuttal in his book Man, His Origin and Destiny."

Ezra Taft Benson

AllieOop

Post by AllieOop » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:42 am

Korihor wrote:Another day at TSCC is done. Mrs Kori is becoming increasingly bothered by the churxh, but at very small incremental steps. I absolutely hated church today. I had to bite my tongue to not say something I would regret later.

The talks were about "see yourself in the temple" all the standard drivel. After sacrament I had to get out of there so I tried unsuccessfully to get my friend to go get a Coke with me.
I remember those Sundays...they are tough. When I found out my husband had been leaving during priesthood meeting and going to Wendy's or Arby's for the 2nd hour, I was like "What??? Take me with you!" So, that's what we did for the last year or so that we attended. It sure helped the 3 hours pass a lot more pleasurable :lol:
Korihor wrote:Then it was combined 3rd hour and I met Mrs Kori and took my big swig with me into the chapel. Mrs Kori was horrified but the BP wife saw me and said "eh, No one cares"

So I enjoyed my large Coke in the chapel while they talked about the sacredness of the sacrament.

Ok. This made me laugh and I love that you did this....you've got some big kahunas! I would have loved to see the looks you got :)
"There came a time when the desire to know the truth about the church became stronger than the desire to know the church was true."

Korihor

Post by Korihor » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:39 am

AzCommando wrote:Hey Korihor. What did the cup say on the outside?
I was a standard styrofoam Polar Pop cup from Circle K. Pretty blatantly obvious.
AllieOop wrote: Ok. This made me laugh and I love that you did this....you've got some big kahunas! I would have loved to see the looks you got :)
Mrs Kori knows I occasionally leave. She doesn't have desires to leave with me. She doesn't agree with my actions, but doesn't judge either.

Unfortunately, didn't get many looks. We live in hillbilly country, I'm certainly not the first. only a few saw it and no one cares. I once saw someone carrying a fountain drink cup out of SM. So I need to up my game. Next time the fountain drink might be spiked.
Reading can severely damage your ignorance.