NOM touchstone - thanks!

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
w2mz

Re: NOM touchstone - thanks!

Post by w2mz » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:18 am

Hagoth wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:26 am
I saw civilizations that ranged from 5800 years ago right up to the time of Spanish Conquest, so the Americas were massively populated long before and after BoM times. No gold plates, no wooden submarines.
Oh dear. Hagoth obviously has succumbed to the peer pressure from all the anti-Mormon, bully archeologists and has fallen in with them to hide the piles and piles of nephite and lamanite archeological evidence they're finding down there.

I bet he is laughing diabolically at this very moment, holding in a gold coin in his hand with the inscription: "In Lamoni we trust". He has become part of the conspiracy to hide the truth from the world!!!

It sounds like quite an experience Hagoth! It so awesome you are doing something you are passionate about!
The church has engineered your eternal family into a commodity that can be purchased with an annual fee. The fact that full tithing payment is a requirement for saving ordinances is the biggest red flag imaginable. Hagoth

Newme

Post by Newme » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:45 am

w2mz wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:18 am
Hagoth wrote:
I saw civilizations that ranged from 5800 years ago right up to the time of Spanish Conquest, so the Americas were massively populated long before and after BoM times. No gold plates, no wooden submarines.
Oh dear. Hagoth obviously has succumbed to the peer pressure from all the anti-Mormon, bully archeologists and has fallen in with them to hide the piles and piles of nephite and lamanite archeological evidence they're finding down there.

I bet he is laughing diabolically at this very moment, holding in a gold coin in his hand with the inscription: "In Lamoni we trust". He has become part of the conspiracy to hide the truth from the world!!!
:lol:
Either laugh or cry at the truth behind that.

Hagoth,
Thanks for your effort to communicate with us. I know it's not easy when you're traveling like that.
I visited Chiclayo - but haven't ventured far off the main roads, as it sounds like you have.
I hope you had a good trip.

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:01 am

Newme wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:45 am
I visited Chiclayo - but haven't ventured far off the main roads, as it sounds like you have.
That's amazing that you've been to Chiclayo, Newme. If you headed south on the N1 from there you drove right past our site, which is a mountain that has been converted into a multi-walled fortress/temple complex and modified to have a silhouette that looks like a gigantic pyramid from the distance. 99-plus percent of the people who pass it don't notice. One of the places we visited up a bumpy 4WD road was a huge pyramid complex that is so untouched it's is still strewn with ceramics and human bones. Wild stuff.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Newme

Post by Newme » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:20 pm

Hagoth wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:01 am
Newme wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:45 am
That's amazing that you've been to Chiclayo, Newme. If you headed south on the N1 from there you drove right past our site, which is a mountain that has been converted into a multi-walled fortress/temple complex and modified to have a silhouette that looks like a gigantic pyramid from the distance. 99-plus percent of the people who pass it don't notice. One of the places we visited up a bumpy 4WD road was a huge pyramid complex that is so untouched it's is still strewn with ceramics and human bones. Wild stuff.
Sounds interesting- if not a bit unnerving to find human bones like that.
In another country, we went to this cathedral that was decorated with human bones, including +3,000 skulls. This guy was explaining how to us it's morbid but back then, death was a more intimate & common experience of life.

We took a bus from Lima north to Chiclayo. I remember some areas (maybe close to your site) that looked oddly bare- like a desert. The shopping malls etc. in Chiclayo were a stark contrast.

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:06 pm

Newme wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:20 pm
I remember some areas (maybe close to your site) that looked oddly bare- like a desert.
That's right. It NEVER rains there, except every 25 years or so when El Nino wreaks havoc, which was a reason for the desperate and bloody religions that tried to appease the gods to keep El Nino at bay. They irrigated with water from the rivers that come down from the Andes but between those valleys it's like the Arabian Desert.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

moksha

Post by moksha » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:22 pm

Hagoth wrote:
Right after my initial post I started having more and more internet connection problems and I finally just gave up for a while.
Could be the work of an ancient Lamanite spirit who wanted you to return for a better connection.
Returneth to the States ye studious Hagoth for thou art missed
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

MalcolmVillager

Post by MalcolmVillager » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:14 pm

What a great experience. I am jealous, cockroaches and all. Just don't the Guini Pigs. I fell in live with Peru on a visit. Would live to go back.

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:27 am

MalcolmVillager wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:14 pm
What a great experience. I am jealous, cockroaches and all. Just don't the Guini Pigs. I fell in live with Peru on a visit. Would live to go back.
The cockroaches turned out to be crickets which, for some reason, didn't bother me at all. And I did eat the guinea pig. It was pretty tasty.