Last minute visit

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Korihor

Last minute visit

Post by Korihor » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:13 pm

I think I'm (we're) officially in the realm of Post Mormon.

My parents came down to visit us last minute. (From Salt Lake to Phoenix)

My mom said she hoped they didn't cause us to miss church (our new church we attend occasionally).
I have beer in my fridge and something a bit harder in my pantry. Mrs misbehaved and I obviously wear clothing not suitable for garment requirements.

(Note, the liquids in the fridge and pantry are not necessarily in plain sight, but not hidden either. )

It feels good to be more authentic and not worry about trivial stuff like rearranging my pantry because we have company. There is still room for improvement, but today feels like a milestone.
Reading can severely damage your ignorance.

No Tof

Re: Last minute visit

Post by No Tof » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:08 pm

I love to hear about how your life is changing. I'm pretty sure many of us look forward to that happening for us too.

Licor in my house....... pretty sure it would still cause DW to have flaming hair. 😉
Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and right doing, there is a field. I'll meet you there.
Rumi

Lady_Macbeth

Re: Last minute visit

Post by Lady_Macbeth » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:56 am

That is nice to feel authentic without it being 'in their face' about it.

My parents finally visited and I let them know ahead of time there would be a coffee maker in the house and all was good with them. DH - not so much. He was very worried they would think he drank it, too, and made sure I let them know I was the only heathen.

DH's parents will be visiting in a few weeks. We'll see if he asks me to hide everything away...