Get Your Thoughts and Probing Questions Out of Our Daughters' Panties

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Random

Re: Get Your Thoughts and Probing Questions Out of Our Daughters' Panties

Post by Random » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:39 pm

Brent wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:49 pm
Send the link to "The Daily Mail"...they love to report on threads on Reddit and such...
Now, that's an idea.
There are 2 Gods. One who created us. The other you created. The God you made up is just like you-thrives on flattery-makes you live in fear.

Believe in the God who created us. And the God you created should be abolished.
PK

Random

Post by Random » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:42 pm

2bizE wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:04 pm
Worthiness interviews are a made up process of.Mormonism. it is not required nor necessary. It only places our children at risk. Too many bad things happen behind closed doors. Here's a recent example:

https://www.ksl.com/?sid=44935230&nid=148
Holy Cow! :o
moksha wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:25 pm
You are underestimating the bishops. They studied long and hard to be ordained to the priesthood. They took their vows, one of which was celibacy and the other was chastity!!!

Wait, I have been handed a note. Seems I was thinking about the bishops of another group. Well, at least that group who studied long and took those vows so they would never be tempted to probe where they were not supposed to probe.

Wait, I have been handed another note to say even those with better training are susceptible to sexual misbehavior. Well, that behavior must be caused by the Adversary.

Wait, I have been handed another note. Apparently, sexual behavior is built into the complex animal life on this planet as an instinctual urge. The note ended with the cryptic phrase, "if it can happen it will happen". That sounded both cautionary and cynical at the same time. Darn you, you note passers!
:lol: Moksha, you are hilarious!
There are 2 Gods. One who created us. The other you created. The God you made up is just like you-thrives on flattery-makes you live in fear.

PK

Random

Post by Random » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:43 pm

StarbucksMom wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:42 pm
So I get what you are all saying about 2 deep leadership. But honestly, I don't think that it would help solve the issue of creepy, inappropriate bishop interviews. I mean, wouldn't it be even worse for 2 GROWN MEN to sit with 1 TWELVE YEAR OLD GIRL asking her about whether or not she touches her vagina?
Barf.
Better to stop probing. Period.

PK

Random

Post by Random » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:47 pm

I am reminded of what my son told me several years ago. He had passed an interview to be promoted to the next level of aaronic priesthood. I asked him if the bishop knew he was on probation for underage drinking. His reply was, "My personal life is none of their business." Even though I was still somewhat tbm at the time, his answer impressed me immensely, and gave me a freedom of thought I had not known was possible.

PK

Thoughtful

Post by Thoughtful » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:06 pm

Another article about this on Religion News:

http://religionnews.com/2017/07/20/morm ... ual-abuse/

This all makes the church look completely nuts.

People defending it look like they give benefit of the doubt to a 40 year old man over a minor child.

Emower

Post by Emower » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:56 am

Random wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:47 pm
I am reminded of what my son told me several years ago. He had passed an interview to be promoted to the next level of aaronic priesthood. I asked him if the bishop knew he was on probation for underage drinking. His reply was, "My personal life is none of their business." Even though I was still somewhat tbm at the time, his answer impressed me immensely, and gave me a freedom of thought I had not known was possible.
That is awesome that he could do that even with you as a sort of tbm parent. Mad props.

Random

Post by Random » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:07 pm

He has always been one to do what he wants no matter the consequences. Made it difficult, even painful at times, to raise him, but I had no idea that he was capable of separating the Church from his personal life like that. I wish I could have done that as a teenager wracked with guilt over what I now see as minor.

(edited to remove unneeded quotes)
Last edited by Random on Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PK

Random

Post by Random » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:08 pm

Thoughtful wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:06 pm
Another article about this on Religion News:

http://religionnews.com/2017/07/20/morm ... ual-abuse/

This all makes the church look completely nuts.

People defending it look like they give benefit of the doubt to a 40 year old man over a minor child.
Holy Cow! 20 counts of forcible sexual abuse?

PK