Do you drink coffee?

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
kingstontrio

Re: Do you drink coffee?

Post by kingstontrio » Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:37 pm

A Muslim guy at work just refuses to go to any events at work where there might be unclean foods for him. At work, there is often some kind of beer and pork something or other. The other two LDS guys I know in my area go to the events. They just drink a pop or something.
azflyer wrote:Let's mix it up a bit. Let's say one of the people is a Muslim, and the mom comes over and says she wants to put a team BBQ together and have some pulled pork sandwiches. How would you expect the Muslim person to react? Wouldn't it seem perfectly reasonable for the Muslim person to point out that he doesn't eat pork? I can certainly see how it would be awkward, but I don't see anything wrong with any person practicing their religious beliefs, even the dietary ones.

Korihor

Post by Korihor » Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:15 pm

KingstonTrio - Only 3? I thought it was at least 6 or 7
Reading can severely damage your ignorance.

Monomo

Post by Monomo » Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:59 pm

One of my Arabic students gave me arabic coffee. I had never drunk coffee before. In fact, even a taste of coffee ice cream makes me gag. However, I kinda enjoyed the arabic coffee. It seemed more liked tea, and it gave me a nice burst of energy.