I lost my son

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
AllieOop

Re: I lost my son

Post by AllieOop » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:26 am

MoPag wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:18 pm
Thank you all for your love and kind words. I love you all! I'm blessed to have a great support system IRL and that helps a ton. You guys are my spiritual support and I can't thank you enough for that. I'll post more later. Right now I'm still so out of it. Please know your words, thoughts, and prayers are comforting to me.
My heart is breaking for you, MoPag. Know that you are loved here and that we are here for you. I'm sending love, comfort and prayers your way for you and your family.
"There came a time when the desire to know the truth about the church became stronger than the desire to know the church was true."

Journey

Post by Journey » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:41 am

I am so very, very sorry, MoPag, there just are no words. Thinking of you and your family at this time and sending love your way.

Korihor

Post by Korihor » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:09 pm

MoPag wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:18 pm
Thank you all for your love and kind words. I love you all! I'm blessed to have a great support system IRL and that helps a ton. You guys are my spiritual support and I can't thank you enough for that. I'll post more later. Right now I'm still so out of it. Please know your words, thoughts, and prayers are comforting to me.
Mopag, I'm so happy you have a support system IRL that works. I've thought about you everyday. I "pray" for you and all your family.
Reading can severely damage your ignorance.

NOMinally Mormon

Post by NOMinally Mormon » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:00 pm

I am so sorry.

Silver Girl

Post by Silver Girl » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:36 pm

You've been on my mind (and in my heart and my prayers) ever since I learned of this. Please know you can reach out to any of us if you need to talk, need to cry or if there's anything we can do. We know we cannot change the heartbreaking loss you've had this past week (how very fervently we wish we could...), but we are here to help support you with love and friendship through the difficult times ahead.
Silver Girl is sailing into the future. She is no longer scared.

The Beast

Post by The Beast » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:59 pm

So sorry. I do not know what to say. My thoughts are with you.
Are you on the square? Are you on the level?

Enoch Witty

Post by Enoch Witty » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:36 am

I'm really heartbroken for you, for the record. I send positive vibes every time I see this thread on NOM.

Abinidied

Post by Abinidied » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:37 am

I'm so sorry for your loss and have no understanding of the depth of what you must be feeling but also feel the depth of something that compels me to try and offer a few small words of comfort. Hope you find the warm security blanket of love of family and friends or whatever support is available to you. Take care when and if you can and when you can't, I truly hope there are others that can do it with you no matter what that is for you.
Cum omnia defecerunt, ludere mortuis. (When all else fails, play dead.)
--Red Green

Lithium Sunset

Post by Lithium Sunset » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:06 pm

Oh MoPag... no one should have to endure this. I wish I could hug you right now. I'm glad you have some support and that you feel comfort for NOM support. Like others have said, offered words feel inadequate and small, but we would do anything we could to help you through this.
Thinking of you.
"The real things haven't changed. It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures; and have courage when things go wrong." -Laura Ingalls Wilder

MoPag

Post by MoPag » Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:39 pm

Thank you guys for the love. Little ds's funeral was a week ago today. So many people helped out and it was a very beautiful albeit soul crushing experience. I'm still in awe at all the kindness and love that have come our way. DD's girl scout troop brought us a whole trunk load of groceries. A nevermo friend arranged for her church to pray for DS and us during their mass. And BIL'S mom's black Baptist Church sent over bouquets of white lilies and roses to the LDS church for my little boy.

My ward has been so kind too. And my bishop has been awesome. (This isn't the same bishop who tried to make me get back together with abusive XH) My work is letting me have extra time off too which is nice. Right now I'm just trying to keep it together for DD. She's already been through so much because of her a$$hole dad.

Thanks for all the positive vibes, thoughts and prayers. I do feel them and I love all my NOMs!
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound

Korihor

Post by Korihor » Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:47 pm

I don't want to post any words since anything I write is inadequate. I'm very happy to hear of the kindness shown you and your family that you shared. You've been in our thoughts continually. Love to you and your DD.
Reading can severely damage your ignorance.

Give It Time

Post by Give It Time » Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:47 pm

I'm so glad you've been able to get such amazing support.
At 70 years-old, my older self would tell my younger self to use the words, "f*ck off" much more frequently. --Helen Mirren

Silver Girl

Post by Silver Girl » Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:38 pm

Thanks for posting an update, MoPag - you're in my thoughts every single day. I'm touched by the beautiful acts of friendship and support you've had, and I'm so glad those thoughtful things helped you through such a devastating time. Your DD is in our thoughts here, too - I've wondered and worried over how she is handling things.

Sending you many hugs, constant prayers, and fervent wishes for comfort. ((((( hugs! )))))
Silver Girl is sailing into the future. She is no longer scared.

Culper Jr.

Post by Culper Jr. » Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:58 pm

I'm so glad to hear you have such great support MoPag. When I read your initial post I was absolutely stunned, and since then I've hoped so much that you have had supportive friends and family around you during this terrible time. Thank you for the update and please know that you and your DD continue to be in our thoughts and prayers.

SeeNoEvil

Post by SeeNoEvil » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:44 am

MoPag I just wanted again to let you know you are in my thoughts. I do not know your family but your story has touched my life in a way you will never know. I have learned much from the sad reminder of just how fragile life is. I am so sorry your are having to go through this and send all the love and hugs I have to help you through this time. {{{MoPag}}}.
"Every event that has taken place in this universe has led you to this moment.
... The real question is, what will you do with this moment?" - Unknown

"Never arrive @ a point where you know everything - Korihor57