How would JS get a recommend?

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Thoughtful

Post by Thoughtful » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:16 pm

Would he use nuanced answers to get through the interview?

Nonny

Re: How would JS get a recommend?

Post by Nonny » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:33 pm

You bet he would. "Some people have accused me of having multiple wives. Do you see any other wives? I don't either. Case closed" (Not an exact quote.)

Thoughtful

Post by Thoughtful » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:31 pm

Right??

I wonder which questions he would even be able to answer 100% honestly and still correctly?...

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:13 am

He certainly wouldn't have passed on the the Word of Wisdom question and I doubt very much that he ever paid tithing. Honesty in your dealings? Nope. Chastitiy? :lol:
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:45 am

If "nuanced answers" = lying, then Joseph would pass with flying colors. :twisted:
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

Thoughtful

Post by Thoughtful » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:10 pm

Is there anything in your dealings with members of your family not in keeping...?

Honest in financial dealings?

Emower

Post by Emower » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:20 am

Pretty sure he strikes out on the majority of those questions. Anything in your home life not in harmony with the churchs teachings? hmmmm.

StarbucksMom

Post by StarbucksMom » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:51 am

Great question. I remember vividly the day I realized after learning the ugly details of JS's polygamy/polyandry that he would never make it into Heaven/CK.

I totally dare someone to ask this question in your next TR interview. (I threw all my Gs/temple costume away, only attend sacrament about twice a month, and can't pretend anymore so I'm never renewing mine.)

nibbler

Post by nibbler » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:15 am

By calling his stake president on a mission to England and taking a recommend from the stake president's office while he was away.
We don’t see things as they are, we see them as we are.
– Anais Nin

StarbucksMom

Post by StarbucksMom » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:19 am

nibbler wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:15 am
By calling his stake president on a mission to England and taking a recommend from the stake president's office while he was away.
Literally laughing out loud. Thank you :)

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:25 am

StarbucksMom wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:19 am
nibbler wrote:
Literally laughing out loud. Thank you :)
Me too! Ha ha ha.
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

Corsair

Post by Corsair » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:01 am

nibbler wrote:
The stake president better hope that's the only thing he finds missing when he returns from that mission. He might get the Orson Hyde treatment.

Thoughtful

Post by Thoughtful » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:20 pm

StarbucksMom wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:51 am
Great question. I remember vividly the day I realized after learning the ugly details of JS's polygamy/polyandry that he would never make it into Heaven/CK.

I totally dare someone to ask this question in your next TR interview. (I threw all my Gs/temple costume away, only attend sacrament about twice a month, and can't pretend anymore so I'm never renewing mine.)
This is a vein of thought I'm having.

I'm curious exactly which ones he could actually answer, truthfully, (nothing but, whole truth) and actually give the right answer.

LSOF

Post by LSOF » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:04 pm

He would just issue one to himself.
"I appreciate your flesh needs to martyr me." Parture

"There is no contradiction between faith and science --- true science." Dr Zaius

Pastor, Lunar Society of Friends; CEO, Faithful Origins and Ontology League

Just This Guy

Post by Just This Guy » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:42 pm

"Bishop, an angle appeared to me last night with a flaming sword and commanded me to get a temple recommend. If I failed to do so, he said that he would strike me down. Help save me and sign the recommend!"

If it worked to get a girl to have sex with him, no reason it wouldn't work elsewhere.
"The story so far: In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -- Douglas Adams

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:17 am

Related question: Could the giant real-estate corporation that masquerades as "The Church" get a recommend?
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

Grace2Daisy

Post by Grace2Daisy » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:34 pm

As an FYI. . . . . I was told by a COB employee that works directly with the Q15 on specific issues (can't tell what issues or it would out him), the Q15's recommends have no expiration date. One of the many perks!
"What is truth?" retorted Pilate. John 18:38

AllieOop

Post by AllieOop » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:44 pm

Grace2Daisy wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:34 pm
As an FYI. . . . . I was told by a COB employee that works directly with the Q15 on specific issues (can't tell what issues or it would out him), the Q15's recommends have no expiration date. One of the many perks!
I also wonder how often they even go through a session?

I've told the story on here before of when my Dad was the veil supervisor in the Provo temple and ended up being the person who took one of the 12 through the veil. Dad was on the side where he couldn't see who it was until he pulled him through. This apostle did not know the answers AT ALL. My Dad said he'd rarely heard anyone stumble around as much or need so much help. Afterwards, he was really kind of bothered by it, but he also found it a bit humorous.

Anyway....when my Dad pulled him through and saw who it was, he was shocked. The apostle just winked at Dad and said, "One of these days I'm going to have to learn that darn thing"....or something like that. So weird....
"There came a time when the desire to know the truth about the church became stronger than the desire to know the church was true."

Just This Guy

Post by Just This Guy » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:13 pm

Grace2Daisy wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:34 pm

Well, if you have had a 2nd Annointing, then you already have a golden ticket. Nothing can take that away, so a recommend is a waste of time.
"The story so far: In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -- Douglas Adams

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:32 pm

Just This Guy wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:13 pm
a recommend is a waste of time.
Best quote ever!

(A recommend is always a waste of time.)

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander