AMA with our resident Penguin?

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Red Ryder

AMA with our resident Penguin?

Post by Red Ryder » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:01 am

Dear Penguin,

You've been a board resident for a very long time as well as frequently posting on a few other boards. May I say your intelligence, strangely weird but hilarious sense of humor, and good looks in a tuxedo bring pleasure to my brain. I realized we should do an AMA to get to know you better. I'll start the penguin rolling.

On another thread you said,
Moksha wrote:One variant of Mormon apologetics claims that the skins cursed with blackness refer to loin cloths, indicating that God removed detergent from the presence of the Lamanites to show his displeasure. Therefore, the strongest claim against the BoM would be that of laundryism.
Please tell us more about this laundryism theology. Does it provide a savior machine necessary to wash my sins clean like Christianity?

Question 2: who is your internet service provider up there in Antarctica? Is it dial up or google fiber? Or are you retired and living in the San Diego zoo stealing wifi from the gift shop?

Question 3: what event in your life shaped your black and white world view the most?

Question 4: what is your IQ? Are you a member of Mensa?

Question 5: have you ever considered writing a book or doing stand up comedy?
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

Corsair

Re: AMA with our resident Penguin?

Post by Corsair » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:26 pm

Based on your avatar, I have the otherwise unwarranted guess that you use the Linux operating system. Look at the startling family resemblance:

Based on a proclivity for Unix based operating systems and your apostate messages on religous boards, some may be suspecting that you are more of a purist for BSD Unix and it's mascot:

Is there any truth to this?

moksha

Post by moksha » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:04 pm

Red Ryder wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:01 am
Please tell us more about this laundryism theology.
The time set aside for laundryism has changed with the advent of Family Home Evenings on Monday. Some would insist that it is all washed up. The Tide has changed for its practitioners. Without the normal hot air from the Brethren, these Laundryists feel that they have been hung out to dry.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

achilles

Post by achilles » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:54 am

I understand that you have rejected both the Meso-american and Heartland BofM geographical models for a so-called "Gondwana" model. Is this some kind of Antarctic chauvinism, or is there really evidence behind your assertion?
“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.”

― Carl Sagan

Wonderment

Post by Wonderment » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:36 am

:D :D :D :D Hahahaha!! This is absolutely priceless. Some of the best humor writers I've ever read on the internet are right here on NOM. Really, you guys ( or gals) are hilarious - and very talented. Thank you so much for the day brightener. Y'all are so much fun. :lol: - Wndr.

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:31 am

Sardines or anchovies?
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Korihor

Post by Korihor » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:45 am

How often do you get attacked by polar bears?
Reading can severely damage your ignorance.

FiveFingerMnemonic

Post by FiveFingerMnemonic » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:32 am

How do you feel about your username being used as a secret identifier of fellow NOMs:

IE: "Do you know the penguin moksha?"
"Yes"
"Sweet! We should hangout"

Corsair

Post by Corsair » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:34 am

FiveFingerMnemonic wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:32 am
How do you feel about your username being used as a secret identifier of fellow NOMs:

IE: "Do you know the penguin moksha?"
"Yes"
"Sweet! We should hangout"
This is an excellent point. It would reveal forum members both here and on Mormon Discussions where apologists still make appearances

Jinx

Post by Jinx » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:35 pm

Maybe we should wear penguin pins, like unto the tapir pins of yore, to identify each other.
“This is the best part of the week!” – Homer Simpson
“It’s the longest possible time before more church!” – Lisa Simpson

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:00 am

Jinx wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:35 pm
Maybe we should wear penguin pins, like unto the tapir pins of yore, to identify each other.
A penguin riding a tapir!
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

achilles

Post by achilles » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:05 pm

Dear Penguin,

Have you faced the nothingness of your personal release from samsara, or do you wander the Southern Continent in some kind of avian denial?

Also, do penguins have a Third Eye?

I salute the Feathered-One within you.

-a fellow Seeker
“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.”

― Carl Sagan