Parallels to leaving Mormonism - former Quiverfull Mother

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
fh451

Parallels to leaving Mormonism - former Quiverfull Mother

Post by fh451 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:51 am

In the spirit of helping get things going around here, I thought I would share this podcast from The Friendly Atheist. Vyckie Garrison was a former member of the "Quiverfull" movement, and a number of the things she said sounded an awful lot like the experience of questioning and eventually leaving Mormonism. The podcast is #131 at The Friendly Atheist Podcast, and you can see Vickie's blog at No Longer Quivering.

fh451

Hagoth

Re: Parallels to leaving Mormonism - former Quiverfull Mother

Post by Hagoth » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:39 am

I look forward to listening to this. I hope her quiver wasn't too full when she came to her senses.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

fh451

Post by fh451 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:15 pm

Well, not compared to the Duggars, but she did have 7!

fh451

trophywife26.2

Post by trophywife26.2 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:29 pm

Thanks for the recommendation I will add it to my list. That quiverfull movement is fascinating. It is good to hear sometimes that we aren't the only group going through what we have been through.
Even if it's something disappointing, it's still better to know the truth. Because people can deal with disappointment. And once they've done that, they can feel that they have really grown. And that can be such a good feeling. -Fred Rogers