Re-Adjusting to Life!

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Ghost

Re: Re-Adjusting to Life!

Post by Ghost » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:07 am

2bizE wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:42 am
Great post. I have not transitioned much away from Mormonism, but it is a goal.
I remember watching some shows on TV about a person injured in an accident and then having to learn how to walk again, how to get dressed, eat, brush his teeth, basically everything. I think leaving Mormonism is very similar. It is learning to live again.
I can relate to this in terms of setting major goals in life. Although I have not "left" Mormonism and may never do so entirely, I have experienced a sort of aimlessness in recent years. I don't think I will have regrets later in life based on what I do or don't do, I also have a hard time caring too much about having long-term goals of any kind. And even if I did care more, I'm not sure what such goals might look like. I suppose that I am trying to decide whether I should care that I don't care, if that even makes sense.

I have a difficult time thinking in terms of spirituality whatsoever. For better or worse, that doesn't even seem to cross my mind except in terms of analyzing what other people mean by it.