An Apostle's Brother is Gay and Came Back to Church. Yea for the Church!

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
StarbucksMom

Re: An Apostle's Brother is Gay and Came Back to Church. Yea for the Church!

Post by StarbucksMom » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:45 pm

Red Ryder wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:09 pm

Did the Methodists pay somebody to come up with this?
The anus and rectum, unlike the vagina contain no natural lubricating function. Thus insertion of unlubricated objects or inadequate dilation of the anus before insertion of a large object can result in tissue laceration. "The internal and external anal sphincters are elastic rings of muscle which generally remain tightly constricted except during defecation. The anal sphincters are also intended for material to pass through them in a
direction that leads out of the body. When an attempt is made to insert something in the reverse direction, the muscles of the sphincter constricts (Agnew, 1986).
I'm not hungry for popcorn anymore.

Korihor

Post by Korihor » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:49 pm

StarbucksMom wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:45 pm
Red Ryder wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:09 pm

Did the Methodists pay somebody to come up with this?
The anus and rectum, unlike the vagina contain no natural lubricating function. Thus insertion of unlubricated objects or inadequate dilation of the anus before insertion of a large object can result in tissue laceration. "The internal and external anal sphincters are elastic rings of muscle which generally remain tightly constricted except during defecation. The anal sphincters are also intended for material to pass through them in a
direction that leads out of the body. When an attempt is made to insert something in the reverse direction, the muscles of the sphincter constricts (Agnew, 1986).
Reading can severely damage your ignorance.

AllieOop

Post by AllieOop » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:20 pm

Newme wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:21 am
One type of logical fallacy is jumping to conclusions- another is dismissing inconvenient facts, and emotional reasoning. Some people WANT to overcome homosexual feelings & do. The big deal about overcoming homosexuality for him may be he could actually make love without anal sex risks of anal fissures, anal cancer, colon rupture & bacterial infection.
You do seem obsessed with gay men having sex. Is there a reason for that? (honest question here).

What about lesbians having sex? Are you ok with that since it doesn't involve the risk of anal fissures?

How about heterosexual couples engaging in anal sex?

Also, a gay couple desiring to be together is not all about the sex act anymore than a heterosexual couple is only together to ravage each other nonstop and have sex 24/7. They are together to have a loving relationship and companionship just like any other couple is together. Sex is just a part of that.

You should really analyze why you're so hung up on the anal sex act. I believe what two consenting adults want to do is their business. You don't like it? Then don't do it....period.
"There came a time when the desire to know the truth about the church became stronger than the desire to know the church was true."

Dravin

Post by Dravin » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:17 pm

AllieOop wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:20 pm

What about lesbians having sex? Are you ok with that since it doesn't involve the risk of anal fissures?
Or gay men having oral sex or manually stimulating each other.
Hindsight is all well and good... until you trip.

Newme

Post by Newme » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:44 pm

Not buying it,
(Ditto)
But thanks for the reply.
And each case is unique - but a start is looking deep into one’s psych-ology.

Strange to say this but I do admire the rare person who doesn’t deny inconvenient facts just to seem “cool.”
As to the rest, it reminds me of “Soloman Asch's Conformity Experiments. The peer pressure of conforming to the group will make people give the wrong answer.”
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sno1TpCLj6A

Medical facts - I guess they're hard to swallow for some.
Doctor fired for warning of risks of homosexual practices...
“The evidence is irrefutable that behaviors common within the homosexual community are unhealthy and high risk for a host of serious medical consequences, including STD's, HIV and AIDS, anal cancer, hepatitis, parasitic intestinal infections, and psychiatric disorders,” Dr. Church submitted to officials via the center’s communication system after receiving an LGBT-related communication...

Dr. Church told LifeSiteNews his case proves that what the LGBTQ movement wants is not simply “coexistence” with the rest of society, but total affirmation without a single voice of dissent of what the movement not only believes, but also what it practices in the bedroom."
https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/leadi ... ealth-risk

Random

Post by Random » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:10 am

StarbucksMom wrote:
:lol:

Yep, I totally understand that. A bit too much info (tmi).
There are 2 Gods. One who created us. The other you created. The God you made up is just like you-thrives on flattery-makes you live in fear.

Believe in the God who created us. And the God you created should be abolished.
PK

Newme

Post by Newme » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:48 pm

Random wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:10 am
StarbucksMom wrote:

That’s the problem - people want to pretend it’s just gay rainbows.
They want to censor disgusting medical facts.
And thus many play at deception - but do not see or consider the suffering as a result.

2bizE

Post by 2bizE » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:11 pm

I wouldn't doubt it if the church set him up with a 7 figure income and a book deal.
~2bizE

Not Buying It

Post by Not Buying It » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:30 pm

Newme wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:48 pm
Random wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:10 am
StarbucksMom wrote:

That’s the problem - people want to pretend it’s just gay rainbows.
They want to censor disgusting medical facts.
And thus many play at deception - but do not see or consider the suffering as a result.
If it causes that much suffering, why do literally millions of gay men still do it? You'd think after a couple of years they be saying "Man, I'm going celibate, that just hurts too much".

I have trouble believing it causes that much suffering when it is so common.
"The truth is elegantly simple. The lie needs complex apologia. 4 simple words: Joe made it up. It answers everything with the perfect simplicity of Occam's Razor. Every convoluted excuse withers." - Some guy on Reddit called disposazelph

Newme

Post by Newme » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:25 am

Not Buying It wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:30 pm
If it causes that much suffering, why do literally millions of gay men still do it? You'd think after a couple of years they be saying "Man, I'm going celibate, that just hurts too much".

I have trouble believing it causes that much suffering when it is so common.
One thing I’ve learned is that everyone suffers more than is apparent.
The findings I base my statements about homosexuality causing suffering are from nation-wide health reports from doctors and clinics gathered by the United States Center for Disease Control. Look it up if you still don’t but it.

As to why people do things that hurt themselves - there are various complicated answers. I used to do things I didn't want to do - and that hurt me - because I was screwed up psychologically. Why do so many Americans eat junk food & not learn stress management, when they know that the #1 killer in the US is Heart Disease?

Random

Post by Random » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:34 am

Newme wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:25 am
I think this is true, too. When I can see intimately into the lives of those who seem perfectly content and happy on the outside, I see that they are usually in pain and/or their family is really quite screwed up.
There are 2 Gods. One who created us. The other you created. The God you made up is just like you-thrives on flattery-makes you live in fear.

PK

Random

Post by Random » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:38 am

Newme wrote:
As to why people do things that hurt themselves - there are various complicated answers.
I think some of the reasons are:
we get something for it that makes the suffering worthwhile
we don't know any better
we are so used to pain that we don't even see that we are in pain
the devil we know is safer than the devil we don't (if we change, the new thing might be worse)

Note: I'm not talking about gay sexual behavior and the pain or suffering it may cause, I'm talking about life in general.

PK

Newme

Post by Newme » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:08 pm

Random wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:34 am
Newme wrote:
I think this is true, too. When I can see intimately into the lives of those who seem perfectly content and happy on the outside, I see that they are usually in pain and/or their family is really quite screwed up.
Thanks, Random. Good to know I’m not the only one who thinks this.

Good points about why we are essentially so often our own worst enemy.
I believe deep down, we each have an inherent desire to heal, progress & be whole.
And I believe that God/the universe (whatever u want to name it) wants this for us too.
So, ie: I had some subconscious issues that I wasn’t quite aware of until one week, they were pointed out in such intensity & repetition that I couldn’t ignore it. And anger surfaced - which can in itself be scarey - but it allowed me to begin healing.
“Opposition in all things” makes it very hard sometimes.

“Everyone u know is fighting a hard battle.” I think the quote also says “be kind” but I think that what is really kind/loving is not pretending a problem isn’t a problem. The 1st step in many problems is admitting there is a problem - that’s probably the hardest - but once accomplished- it’s a bit easier.

Random

Post by Random » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:54 pm

I agree that we have an inherent desire to heal, progress, and be whole, yet we often react with anger if our own demons are pointed out to us, or if we are told that our worldview is/could be wrong. It's like, "I want to be happy, just don't let me know what I'm doing to shoot myself in the feet."
The 1st step in many problems is admitting there is a problem - that’s probably the hardest - but once accomplished- it’s a bit easier.
I agree. And I think we can only see it if we open ourselves to it. People can be right or way off when they look at us and tell us what they think is wrong with us. It has to come from ourselves, but that is so difficult precisely because we are so good at hiding ourselves even from ourselves. But the freedom that comes from seeing and being able to change is so worth the initial affront (at least so far in my life).

PK

Hermey

Post by Hermey » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:43 pm

This was posted in another group. (shared with permission)

“I have been pondering the way my heart has broken (open and enlarged) since our wonderful grandson came out at 17 to our TBM [true believing Mormon] family a few years ago, and the pain our family has endured during this process. Up until then I thought very little about LGBT issues. No one in our family was gay (I thought). And surely God would take care of everything in the next life, right? But...as my son-in-law (his father) said after it happened, "It's all theoretical until it affects you personally".

So... I've recently had a crazy thought. What would it be like if one day in General Conference the following message was given:

"Brothers and Sisters, we know the principles in the Family Proclamation are from God and will not change. But, we also know that families in our church who have lgbt children are bearing a heavy burden alone. So, in a spirit of compassion, fairness and understanding, we are implementing a new program called "The Sacrifice Child".

Families with two or more children will now be asked to choose one of their children to be the Sacrifice Child. This child will be asked to live the same restrictions we place on our LGBT youth. He/she will not be allowed to do the things the other children in the family may one day do: No dating. No companionship. Certainly no marriage or parenthood. This will be hard, but we know all of these things will be given to this child in the next life. We feel this program will help us all gain greater compassion, love and understanding for parents and families who in the past have needed to learn to live with these restrictions alone.

Please go home tonight and randomly pick (as happens in nature - by drawing lots or some other method) which of your children you will sacrifice. Your bishop will be counseling with each of you in the next few weeks as we implement this program of solidarity, fairness and love".

Newme

Post by Newme » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:13 pm

Random wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:54 pm
I agree that we have an inherent desire to heal, progress, and be whole, yet we often react with anger if our own demons are pointed out to us, or if we are told that our worldview is/could be wrong. It's like, "I want to be happy, just don't let me know what I'm doing to shoot myself in the feet."
The 1st step in many problems is admitting there is a problem - that’s probably the hardest - but once accomplished- it’s a bit easier.
I agree. And I think we can only see it if we open ourselves to it. People can be right or way off when they look at us and tell us what they think is wrong with us. It has to come from ourselves, but that is so difficult precisely because we are so good at hiding ourselves even from ourselves. But the freedom that comes from seeing and being able to change is so worth the initial affront (at least so far in my life).
Well put. I like how you put things.

Newme

Post by Newme » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:30 pm

Hermey,
I don’t see anything wrong with a church or a group or employer asking certain things of its members/employees. I may not agree with some of it, but I realize there are plenty of other religions/groups that do not ask such things. We live in a free country & are not required to attend the lds church.

What is mean, IMO, is pretending a problem is not a problem even when there is factual evidence that it is hurting people & is a problem - as homosexual practices prove to be, statistically, according to the US CDC. What is also not healthy is suggesting blaming someone else (like the church) rather than empowering one to take response-ability.

I have family in the church who have homosexual preferences.
Still, facts don’t change according to feelings.

Not Buying It

Post by Not Buying It » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:28 pm

Look, if you want to believe being an active male homosexual is a literal lifetime pain in the butt, go right on ahead. Your beliefs about the medical drawbacks of male homosexual relations doesn't change the fact that many men have a strong preference for that lifestyle, and many choose it. If you opt to condemn it from a medical standpoint, you have a right to have your own opinion, but I am still curious to hear what your solution is then for homosexuals who would otherwise have no outlet for their sex drive and no option for meaningful relationships with those to whom they are attracted. They aren't just going to become straight you know. What do you think they should do?
"The truth is elegantly simple. The lie needs complex apologia. 4 simple words: Joe made it up. It answers everything with the perfect simplicity of Occam's Razor. Every convoluted excuse withers." - Some guy on Reddit called disposazelph

Jeffret

Post by Jeffret » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:22 pm

Red Ryder wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:40 am
Can we make an unwritten board rule that anal fissures are not a valid reason for or against homosexuality?
I second the motion.

Shall we call for a vote?
"Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
And the truth isn't what you want to see" (Charles Hart, "The Music of the Night")

Jeffret

Post by Jeffret » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:24 pm

alas wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:02 pm
My husband suggested that you go on and on about gay sex because you happen to be gay and are fighting your tendencies. Don't worry, I won't hold being gay against you.
I think it's pretty likely. Along with just a general bigotry to anyone different.
"Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
And the truth isn't what you want to see" (Charles Hart, "The Music of the Night")