Validation emails

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
moksha

Re: Validation emails

Post by moksha » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:36 am

Validation? We don't need no stinking validation!
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

trophywife26.2

Post by trophywife26.2 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:06 pm

Mine was in spam too.
Even if it's something disappointing, it's still better to know the truth. Because people can deal with disappointment. And once they've done that, they can feel that they have really grown. And that can be such a good feeling. -Fred Rogers

EternityIsNow

Post by EternityIsNow » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:03 am

Which email systems are having the problem? I use gmail, and my validation message was sent to the spam folder. So something in the validation message is triggering gmail's spam flag. Is this just a gmail problem or are other hosts also flagging the validation email?

Corsair

Post by Corsair » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:00 am

EternityIsNow wrote:Which email systems are having the problem? I use gmail, and my validation message was sent to the spam folder. So something in the validation message is triggering gmail's spam flag. Is this just a gmail problem or are other hosts also flagging the validation email?
I built a test login and validated through Yahoo. It worked fine so I don't know which email systems are having problems. I'll do some more research into this.

tearjerker

Post by tearjerker » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:31 am

Found mine front and center, no more than 2 minutes after I registered.

I did have trouble reading the codes for verification. Glad it gave me extra tries to verify.

moksha

Post by moksha » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:35 pm

Alas noted on the Mormon Discussion board that she was having trouble signing in with her password.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

fetchface

Post by fetchface » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:19 am

I have a Hotmail account and never got a validation email. I checked the spam folder and there is nothing there.
Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas
My blog: http://untanglingmybrain.blogspot.com/