GA´s know they are losing the fight

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Jeffret

Re: GA´s know they are losing the fight

Post by Jeffret » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:17 pm

Newme wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:12 pm
Jeff,
You’re being dishonest. You know I posted facts from the USCDC along with links on the other thread.
Which of those facts, would you like to discuss?

Most of what you posted were your interpretations about those facts. There is a huge problem with causality and interpretation in your supposed facts. Pick one claim and we can go over it.
Newme wrote:
What I wonder is considering how the harm & premature death associated with homosexual practices - why wouod you want to support or encourage behavior known to cause suffering?
Why?????
Yeah, I answered that one. Sounds like you're relying on Paul Cameron's made up statistics. He's been fully discredited. No one who isn't already prejudiced supports his claims.

Please provide your data / facts based upon which you make these claims.
"Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
And the truth isn't what you want to see" (Charles Hart, "The Music of the Night")

Jeffret

Post by Jeffret » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:38 pm

Newme wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:07 pm
Mob mentality is one of the ugliest parts of humanity - it hurts many people. :(
Is that why you put so much effort into inaccurate ideas that harm people, because of the mob mentality?

How much of it do you know yourself, instead of following the mob mentality?
And the truth isn't what you want to see" (Charles Hart, "The Music of the Night")

Jeffret

Post by Jeffret » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:14 pm

Newme wrote:
What I wonder is considering public knowledge is available about the harm & premature death associated with homosexual practices - why would you want to support or encourage behavior known to cause suffering?
Why?????
What's your proposed solution to the problem you perceive?
Execute them all?
Jail them all?
Extradite them all?
Drive them all to suicide?

Hardly seems like any of those would reduce the level of suffering. If you were actually concerned about harm you'd look into the impacts of the things you keep saying. It's hard to see how being nice to others is more harmful than the alternatives.

Meilingkie

Post by Meilingkie » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:22 pm

Newme
Why do I condone gay marriage?

Because it´s the decent thing to do !!
Because I love my wife, and want her to be the beneficiary if I were to pass away.
Who am I to deny my cousin the same if his husband passes away??
Who am I to deny them the possibility to buy a house together and get Insurance and a mortgage on 2 salaries??
Who am I to deny them basic economical equality to heterosexual couples??

About adoption, that´s another bridge, one I am hesitant about.
But having children, well do you really want to go there?
7% of men men is gay, ask yourself, which of the 15 apostles then are closeted gays??
Which 5 of the 1st Quorum??
I have seen 2 pass by me in the DC´s I attended. Married men, one a bishop even.
And they were gay.
Good people, who betrayed themselves, and their wives by marrying and living the picture-perfect mormon life.
The bishop got busted solliciting an underage boy....... Talk about sickening.

I rather have him live an authentic life. A life as gay, as he is.
Last edited by Meilingkie on Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Getting the Mormon out of the Church is easier than getting the Mormon out of the Ex-Mormon"

Meilingkie

Post by Meilingkie » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:27 pm

Let´s get this back on track, and open a new separate thread where Jeffret and Newme can duke it out, shall we gentlemen??? :mrgreen:
"Getting the Mormon out of the Church is easier than getting the Mormon out of the Ex-Mormon"

Korihor

Post by Korihor » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:33 pm

Meilingkie wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:22 pm
One in 7 men is gay, ask yourself, which 2 of the 15 apostles then are closeted gays??
Thread jack - 1 in 7??? That's 15%

Everything I've indicates about 4%-8% of the populace is homosexual.

Based on polling data in, admittedly only in the USA, about 3.8% of the population identifies as homosexual. It's speculated to be as high as 10% according to some researchers - but most research estimates it's 5%-7% of the population

15% seems a bit high - where are you getting this number?
Reading can severely damage your ignorance.

Jeffret

Post by Jeffret » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:38 pm

Meilingkie wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:27 pm
Let´s get this back on track, and open a new separate thread where Jeffret and Newme can duke it out, shall we gentlemen??? :mrgreen:
I'm game for that. I can even create the thread, though I doubt it will do any good.

I'm not game for letting Newme spew their harmful, hateful comments everywhere without any opposition. There's enough of it out there already, we don't really need to allow such attacks to continue without dispute.

Meilingkie

Post by Meilingkie » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:38 pm

My bad 7%, no 1/7

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:07 pm

I see that Jeffret has started a new thread in the miscellaneous forum. Let's all please pick up our toys and move over there since this thread has veered quite significantly off topic (moderator hat off)
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:20 pm

My final comment: history has shown that the golden rule is generally the best solution when dealing with oppressed minorities seeking equal rights.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Newme

Post by Newme » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:04 pm

Back to the topic...

I hope that the church will offer youth humanitarian missions. My son said they already do pretty much - but I think he’s referring to missions that don’t produce many converts - so they focus more on service. Not sure.

Do you guys know if there are already humanitarian missions for young adults?
Could be a win win.

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:14 pm

Newme wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:04 pm
Back to the topic...

I hope that the church will offer youth humanitarian missions. My son said they already do pretty much - but I think he’s referring to missions that don’t produce many converts - so they focus more on service. Not sure.

Do you guys know if there are already humanitarian missions for young adults?
Could be a win win.
I know they're experimenting with having kids do one day a week of humanitarian work in some missions but I don't think there are genuine humanitarian missions. I agree with you. Please let that happen!

moksha

Post by moksha » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:38 pm

Meilingkie wrote:
A cage match at the miscellaneous forum!
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Give It Time

Post by Give It Time » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:44 pm

moksha wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:38 pm
Meilingkie wrote:
Oh, I do hope they change their avatars to pictures of cage fighters!
At 70 years-old, my older self would tell my younger self to use the words, "f*ck off" much more frequently. --Helen Mirren

The Beast

Post by The Beast » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:35 pm

Meilingkie wrote:
Yes. Talk about a colossal threadjack!
Are you on the square? Are you on the level?

achilles

Post by achilles » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:59 pm

Hagoth wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:20 pm
My final comment: history has shown that the golden rule is generally the best solution when dealing with oppressed minorities seeking equal rights.
Bingo
“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.”

― Carl Sagan

achilles

Post by achilles » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:08 pm

Give It Time wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:44 pm
moksha wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:38 pm
Meilingkie wrote:
Oh, I do hope they change their avatars to pictures of cage fighters!
"Two men enter, One man leaves"
“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.”

― Carl Sagan