Heard in F&T today...

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Anon70

Heard in F&T today...

Post by Anon70 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:02 pm

The church is true (4 times)
The ONLY true church (twice)
Joseph Smith's story is OUR story. He was a TRUE prophet.
Life is all about trials.
Life is HARD.
Living the gospel isn't easy.
Repent, repentance, gospel of repentance. Forgiveness. Atonement. (Almost every speaker)

I keep looking for those nuanced believers but I'm not seeing them. And definitely not hearing them.

What did you hear today?

Sheamus Moore

Re: Heard in F&T today...

Post by Sheamus Moore » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:20 pm

The church is true (unknown count)
Blessings blessings, blessings... Even when life (quote) sucks, it’s a blessing!
No nuance.

Emower

Post by Emower » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:54 pm

I didn't go today! SCORE! Stake Conference is a day off that my wife can get on board with.

Give It Time

Post by Give It Time » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:53 pm

Why ruin "fall back" day with F & T? I had the remains of a headache and took a blessed, blessed nap.
At 70 years-old, my older self would tell my younger self to use the words, "f*ck off" much more frequently. --Helen Mirren

Jinx

Post by Jinx » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:50 pm

I got released a couple months ago and now I only attend when I'm singing with the choir. Which is good, because our most interesting F&T speaker recently moved to an assisted living center and we no longer get to hear about her gentleman friends and her four children (three of which love her - her words). F&T became very boring after she left.
“This is the best part of the week!” – Homer Simpson
“It’s the longest possible time before more church!” – Lisa Simpson

dispirited

Post by dispirited » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:49 pm

I heard the only way we can be happy is to live the gospel, keep the commandments. It’s so weird that only completely faithful Mormons can be happy. .02% of the population is it that has a chance?

FiveFingerMnemonic

Post by FiveFingerMnemonic » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:04 pm

I heard a story about a visit to Kirtland where the RLDS tour guide sounded scripted but the LDS sisters spoke from the heart. Apparently we do heart sell better. Couldn't just be conditioned tribal bias.

Also one mention of a family member losing testimony and removing their garments. The shock and horror!

NOMinally Mormon

Post by NOMinally Mormon » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:51 pm

Jinx wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:50 pm
I got released a couple months ago and now I only attend when I'm singing with the choir. Which is good, because our most interesting F&T speaker recently moved to an assisted living center and we no longer get to hear about her gentleman friends and her four children (three of which love her - her words). F&T became very boring after she left.
Ha ha! Speakers like that make F&T worth it. Sorry she moved.
FiveFingerMnemonic wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:04 pm

Also one mention of a family member losing testimony and removing their garments. The shock and horror!
I'd be shocked and horrified if I saw someone remove their garments, also!

No Tof

Post by No Tof » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:36 pm

I heard some birds sing, a fire crackle and the sound of s'mores being made by laughing kids.

I like F&T day. Feast and testimony.
Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and right doing, there is a field. I'll meet you there.
Rumi

oliblish

Post by oliblish » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:17 am

I still go to sacrament meeting once every month or two, but I NEVER go to F&T meeting. There is just too much crazy nonsense for me.
Stands next to Kolob, called by the Egyptians Oliblish, which is the next grand governing creation near to the celestial or the place where God resides; holding the key of power also, pertaining to other planets; as revealed from God to Abraham

azflyer

Post by azflyer » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:24 pm

I know a SP counselor that refers to F&T meeting as "open mic Sunday". He really doesn't care for it that much either.

Corsair

Post by Corsair » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:17 pm

Those of us in Arizona and much of the American South West were treated to a regional broadcast with Christofferson as the apostolic headliner. We got some fairly generic messages on family history, testimony, and the Book of Mormon. None of it felt all that profound from a guy who is supposed to be a Special Witness of the Name of Christ. There were not a lot of claims of the "One True Church", and it struck me that exclusive truth and authority claims did not impinge on his message particularly. I will get the craziness of the open microphone next Sunday.