Attending your own ward

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
w2mz

Attending your own ward

Post by w2mz » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:25 pm

My son just got back from his mission and he is moving out to go to school in January. Between now and then, he is trying to decide where to go to church. He can attend our family based home ward, he can attend a YSA singles ward that includes our home address but he doesn’t know anyone, or, what he would like to do is attend a neighborhing YSA Ward with some of his friends from school but since he doesn’t live in the boundary, he can’t move his records there.

This got me thinking... If the church really is bleeding young adults to the tune of 70%, why not let them go wherever they want? I mean hell, church is church, and especially as a young adult, you want to be with your friends.

Seems like another blind spot that leadership just can’t see. If the kids will come, let them go where they want, right?

Why keep foisting stupid old out dated rules on them that do nothing but push them away?

I hope he sees the ridiculousness of the whole situation...
The church has engineered your eternal family into a commodity that can be purchased with an annual fee. The fact that full tithing payment is a requirement for saving ordinances is the biggest red flag imaginable. Hagoth

Brent

Re: Attending your own ward

Post by Brent » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:03 pm

Compliance is king. And a God to be submitted to.

Give It Time

Re: Attending your own ward

Post by Give It Time » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:44 pm

I went to a couple of YSA wards that were not mine. I was welcome in one and extended calling in the other. Californians. Just so darned innovative.
At 70 years-old, my older self would tell my younger self to use the words, "f*ck off" much more frequently. --Helen Mirren