Challenge: share 1 dramatic thing happening in your homeland

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Liberated Me

Challenge: share 1 dramatic thing happening in your homeland

Post by Liberated Me » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:25 am

Just wanted to say hi! HappyJackWagon told me about the new stomping grounds.

Lots of drama has been happening in the land of cold. We've had a local couple ex-communicated and that has really stirred the pot. Many more are now joinng our local ex-mo group, LGBT closet-hiders are starting to feel safe enough in our group to share who they really are. I hope good things are happening wherever it is that you call home.
“As I walked out the door toward the gate that would lead to my freedom, I knew if I didn’t leave my bitterness and hatred behind, I’d still be in prison.” ~Nelson Mandela~
"Judging others does not define them, it defines you ...."
~Wayne Dyer~

Red Ryder

Re: Challenge: share 1 dramatic thing happening in your homeland

Post by Red Ryder » Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:55 am

Hey! Glad to see you pop in and say hi. I was wondering how things were going up there with all that. The podcasts were lovely.

The church is really going to suffer from the consequences of their own incompetence.

Stick around for awhile. PM's work after 5 posts unless the good ole Captain got that fixed.

One dramatic thing in RR's homeland? Hmmm, let's see. There's not much in the way of drama right now. Life has been good!
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

glass shelf

Post by glass shelf » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:09 am

If there's anyone else leaving the church around here, I don't know about it. :( I wish there was. We have a small exmo FB group, and it's headed up by a guy that's lived here for a long time and knows everyone, so I'm thinking people might show up there if they were leaving.

I ran into a friend at the Dollar Tree the other day, and she was buying stuff for the ward Halloween party. We had a nice long chat about how insane ward budgets are when it comes to things like that. I wouldn't say her shelf is full, but it was definitely something that weighed mine down. When the entire ward budget is less than one family pays in tithing each year, and people are constantly having to cover things out of their own pockets, it gets really old, really fast.

alas

Post by alas » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:34 am

News of local happenings? Seeing as I live just up the road from Bundyville, I could report that the Bundys were acquitted. But everybody knows that. Or since I also live a block away from where the pligs shop (Walmart) I could report that courts have decided that welfare fraud is a religious liberty. I suppose it is bad enough living around such nut cases, but seeing the courts declare them correct is a bit much.

I would ask myself if the world has gone insane, but Trump sort of proves the question rhetorical.

AllieOop

Post by AllieOop » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:50 am

Liberated Me wrote:Just wanted to say hi! HappyJackWagon told me about the new stomping grounds.
Hi :) I was so happy to see a post from you! Great to hear from you!!

So..is HappyJackWagon going to join us too?
"There came a time when the desire to know the truth about the church became stronger than the desire to know the church was true."