Konfession Time

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Newme

Re: Konfession Time

Post by Newme » Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:53 pm

græy wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:19 am
I know this is an old thread, but yesterday was Fast Sunday in our stake. Since I was traveling home alone after church, I stopped at McDs for a breakfast muffin on my way.

Extremely mild, I know. But it was delicious!
I know what you mean though. Whenever I shop or buy on Sunday, I feel like such a rebel - but then realize I’m not the only one.

A friend from Europe came to visit (here in UT) and was shopping around for something on Sunday and thought some major disaster happened because it was like a ghost town. :)

Random

Post by Random » Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:10 pm

It's funny, isn't it, how small things to us now used to be such big things? And doing the small things are big victories.

Like wearing a tank top, and realizing you're not really going to get arrested. Or wearing more than the prescribed amount of earrings, and it's all good. Or getting a breakfast muffin at McD's and taking the edge off your hunger.
There are 2 Gods. One who created us. The other you created. The God you made up is just like you-thrives on flattery-makes you live in fear.

Believe in the God who created us. And the God you created should be abolished.
PK

Kishkumen

Post by Kishkumen » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:28 pm

And y'all thought I had some Konfessions before.....

Palerider

Post by Palerider » Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:32 pm

I have no desire for anything alcoholic except maybe the occasional gourmet chocolate candy. Love those!

Otherwise, no coffee, tea, etc....just don't like the taste.

Still dress conservatively but then.....I'm old and set in my ways. Although when Mrs. Palerider and I occasionally attend a non-mormon church, I wear a sport coat, shirt (of any color I choose) and tie with blue jeans and nice boots. I know. Radical.

The only thing that bothers my conscience a little is that I do use the "sh1+" word more than I used to. And hell and damn come out occasionally too. Which makes me feel a little hypocritical because I've always felt that a person should be able to express themselves well without the expletives. Lately I've been trying to dial it back. ;)
"There is but one straight course, and that is to seek truth and pursue it steadily."

"Truth will ultimately prevail where there is pains to bring it to light."

George Washington