Konfession Time

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
trophywife26.2

Re: Konfession Time

Post by trophywife26.2 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:30 pm

Konfessions:

I resigned this year.
I've had anxiety/insomnia since my resignation.
I'm seeing a therapist.

I'm not embarrassed to buy alcohol anymore.
I frankly told a friend, "I don't practice Mormonism anymore," when asked what ward I'm in.
Even if it's something disappointing, it's still better to know the truth. Because people can deal with disappointment. And once they've done that, they can feel that they have really grown. And that can be such a good feeling. -Fred Rogers

FiveFingerMnemonic

Post by FiveFingerMnemonic » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:43 am

Today I was hanging in the overflow with a sleeping toddler avoiding second and third hour. Walking between rows of foldup chairs. I sensed a disturbance locked eyes momentarily with the HPG leader. He saw my kid asleep and attempted to maneuver silently towards me. I pretended to not notice and changed my walking pattern to maximize chair blockage between us. A game like unto frogger ensued, and he finally left the gym awkwardly despondant. Game point to me.

Rob4Hope

Post by Rob4Hope » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:45 pm

I got ripping drunk for the first time and had a major hangover--first for that as well.

It wasn't intentional. That damn RUM goes down smooth, and I didn't know how much I had until it was like...oops. I learned!!! Coconut rum is from the devil! :mrgreen:

Oh, and I pissed my TBM SIL off REALLY bad. She is so in the cult she is totally unaware/unable to even discern when a lie is told flat out. I USE TO BE LIKE THAT!?....WOW!

slavereeno

Post by slavereeno » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:09 pm

Green Tea and a Rated R movie, and that's pushing it.

slavereeno

Post by slavereeno » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:11 pm

trophywife26.2 wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:30 pm
I resigned this year.
I've had anxiety/insomnia since my resignation.
I'm seeing a therapist.
This is what frightens DW, it throws credibility to "if you leave you will loose the companionship of the HG so the church is true" argument.
Last edited by slavereeno on Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:23 pm

Kishkumen wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:02 am
... ??? ...
Hold on a second here... Do we need to rename this thread KISH-fession time?
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

shadow

Post by shadow » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:39 pm

wtfluff wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:23 pm
Kishkumen wrote:
... ??? ...
Hold on a second here... Do we need to rename this thread KISH-fession time?
Did someone lose their password?
"Healing is impossible in loneliness; it is the opposite of loneliness. Conviviality is healing. To be healed we must come with all the other creates to the feast of Creation." --Wendell Berry

RubinHighlander

Post by RubinHighlander » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:01 pm

Kishkumen wrote:
Like Rob4Hope - I got ripping drunk. The difference is it has been multiple times.
I bought some 'gummies' during a pit stop at a Las Vegas dispensary while travelling to SLC.
I used said gummies to facilitate enduring Thanksgiving with the whole family

Coffee and booze and gummies! Oh My!

Congrats on getting off the reservation, beyond the Zion curtain and into the lone and not dreary world!

I did some edibles for Christmas Eve to make the yule tide high. For Christmas day, after TBM grandma went home, we and our adult children spiked the punch with a bunch of Antelope Island Rum from Dented Brick Distillery (SLC).
“Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.' 'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.”
--Douglas Adams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzmYP3PbfXE

GoodBoy

Post by GoodBoy » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:08 pm

Stig wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:36 pm
GoodBoy wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:10 pm
I resigned and was asked not to wear garments any more, but they are still mixed in with my gentile undies in my drawer and I just wear them simetimes. They hold no meaning to me whatsoever, they are just underwear that I have to realize that some people will judge me for wearing or not wearing.
Okay, I just have to ask...why?! There are so many better options.
I'm just cheap I guess, and they are functional and I'm used to them. It's Konfession time... not something I am necessarily proud of. ;-) I have been cutting them up and cleaning my shoes and guns with them recently as well.
Always been the good kid, but I wanted to know more, and to find and test truth.

Emower

Post by Emower » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:17 am

FiveFingerMnemonic wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:43 am
Today I was hanging in the overflow with a sleeping toddler avoiding second and third hour. Walking between rows of foldup chairs. I sensed a disturbance locked eyes momentarily with the HPG leader. He saw my kid asleep and attempted to maneuver silently towards me. I pretended to not notice and changed my walking pattern to maximize chair blockage between us. A game like unto frogger ensued, and he finally left the gym awkwardly despondant. Game point to me.
Thats awesome.

blazerb

Post by blazerb » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:51 am

slavereeno wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:11 pm

This is what frightens DW, it throws credibility to "if you leave you will loose the companionship of the HG so the church is true" argument.

It just depends on how much you lean on the church for emotional support. Change is upsetting for a lot of people. I stopped believing in the church 3.5 years ago, but it's only since I resigned that I've had the peak of my anxiety. If you read exmo reddit I'm a weirdo for being unhappy. But I came from a dysfunctional upbringing and the church was a coping mechanism for me. Take that away and you need to find something to replace it with. It's been hard to figure out what exactly that is for me. And a lot of women get a lot from having the church community. I miss that a lot.

I would never go back on this journey. I believe I become stronger from it all (the refiner's fire and all that ;) ) but it certainly hasn't been easy.
This gives me hope that the discomfort I am going through right now will get better. It would be so much easier just to keep going to church and follow the easy path. However, I have to believe there is more happiness on the other side of this valley.

My konfession: I have watched some rated R movies.

2bizE

Post by 2bizE » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:07 pm

My wife and I have watched the entire Outlander series on Starzs. Fantastic. My DW was quite TBM when it came to nudity. She loves it now. We both do. This series is full of love, passion, intrigue, sex, wars, etc. We both have loved it and now can't wait for the next season. Best of all: no guilt.
She won't watch Rated R movies, yet she doesn't realize Outlander would be Rated R if it were actually a movie.
~2bizE

Reuben

Post by Reuben » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:58 pm

I love cappuccino. This is a sin.

I don't like black coffee. This is apparently also a sin.
Learn to doubt the stories you tell about yourselves and your adversaries.

SunbeltRed

Post by SunbeltRed » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:39 pm

NOMinally Mormon wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:42 pm
I have booze stashed in the kitchen. My husband, though an antimo, doesn't drink and disapproves of it. Whenever he finds a bottle of something and comments on it, I say it's for cooking. Yeah, I cook with Mike's harder lemonade. He still has no clue that I drink.

This might be the funniest thing I have read all week :lol:

Random

Post by Random » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:36 pm

Konfessions:
I became a minister for Universal Life Church (free, online, and legal) while I was still a member of the LDS Church.

I have made wine several times (in fact, I just started 3 gallons today), and have also tried my hand at mead and hard cider.

I think someone ought to bring in a bunch of Best Damn Root Beer the next time their ward party has root beer and mix it in with it.

I have a couple sets of thermal garments (and wish I had two more sets). They're the cheapest thermal underwear I could have gotten. Unlike GoodBoy, no one told me I couldn't wear them after I resigned (by then, I would have done what I wanted anyway).

When a friend told me that Monson had died, I noted it and went on with my life. When my DD told me he had died and I was like, yeah, I know, she asked why I didn't tell her. I was like, It wasn't that big of a deal, not that important.
There are 2 Gods. One who created us. The other you created. The God you made up is just like you-thrives on flattery-makes you live in fear.

Believe in the God who created us. And the God you created should be abolished.
PK

Kishkumen

Post by Kishkumen » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:03 am

Random wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:36 pm
Konfessions:
I have a couple sets of thermal garments (and wish I had two more sets). They're the cheapest thermal underwear I could have gotten. Unlike GoodBoy, no one told me I couldn't wear them after I resigned (by then, I would have done what I wanted anyway).
FYI
Costco currently has some thermal underclothing that is great. The brand is 32 Degree Heat. It's like $7 for bottoms and $8 for tops. Maybe not as cheap as garments, but not far off. Mrs Misbehaved seems to really like them and even I like them. They have kids sizes well for the whole family.

And they're black, which is much better.

sparky

Post by sparky » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:18 am

Konfession:
I gave a blessing to a home teachee yesterday using unconsecrated oil. I just got it out of the main kitchen stock a few minutes beforehand.

If you stop and think about it for one second, consecrated oil blessings are one of the weirdest, silliest things in the church. Who checks whether it is consecrated? At what point and how is this property checked? Supposing the checker finds out the oil isn't consecrated, what happens then? Is the blessing null and void? Or does whatever otherworldly being responsible for checking have to hastily consecrate the oil himself before he can allow the blessing to go through?

Nobody involved in the blessing yesterday sensed that the oil wasn't up to the job, and I suspect the patient will nevertheless recover from her nasty head cold in the next few days.

Reuben

Post by Reuben » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:13 pm

Sparky's konfession reminded me of one: about a month ago, I gave my wife a blessing without invoking the proper authority, on purpose, before her operation. It started like this:
Mrs. Reuben, by virtue of being your husband and the person in this world who loves you the most, I place my hands on your head in the hopes of speaking for God. You know that I barely believe, but for your sake I'm willing to step into your world for a short time...
I admit to having a very hard time feeling guilty about it.
Learn to doubt the stories you tell about yourselves and your adversaries.

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:02 pm

sparky wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:18 am
Konfession:
I gave a blessing to a home teachee yesterday using unconsecrated oil. I just got it out of the main kitchen stock a few minutes beforehand.

If you stop and think about it for one second, consecrated oil blessings are one of the weirdest, silliest things in the church. Who checks whether it is consecrated? At what point and how is this property checked? Supposing the checker finds out the oil isn't consecrated, what happens then? Is the blessing null and void? Or does whatever otherworldly being responsible for checking have to hastily consecrate the oil himself before he can allow the blessing to go through?

Nobody involved in the blessing yesterday sensed that the oil wasn't up to the job, and I suspect the patient will nevertheless recover from her nasty head cold in the next few days.
Well... To begin with, the non-magical oil that you slipped in was ENTIRELY too fresh to actually be consecrated. 98.23% of all consecrated oil is "consecrated", then poured into a tiny metal vial, then carried around in some dude's pocket for years until it's completely rancid, then it gets poured on the victim's head.
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

Spicy McHaggis

Post by Spicy McHaggis » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:51 pm

2bizE wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:07 pm
My wife and I have watched the entire Outlander series on Starzs. Fantastic. My DW was quite TBM when it came to nudity. She loves it now. We both do. This series is full of love, passion, intrigue, sex, wars, etc. We both have loved it and now can't wait for the next season. Best of all: no guilt.
She won't watch Rated R movies, yet she doesn't realize Outlander would be Rated R if it were actually a movie.
Outlander is really good. Claire is stunning, she looks a lot like a girl I dated at Ricks College way back when.

You should introduce your DW to Game of Thrones, but it is a lot more nude than Outlander.