/r/exmormon and NOM.net

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Wonderment

Re: /r/exmormon and NOM.net

Post by Wonderment » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:13 pm

Hagoth wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:41 am
r/exmormon can be immensely entertaining. I refer to the communication style there as "drive by shooting." NOM is a much better place to take your shoes off and get comfortable with friends, but r/exmormon is a great quick-stop for the latest news and a good laugh. You see a lot of the same black-and-white thinking there that you find in the church, just flipped upside down so the apostates are the ultimate heroes and the church is the irredeemable villain.
Exactly right, which is why I greatly prefer NOM. 8-) So glad y'all are here. - Wndr.

JustHangingOn@57

Re: /r/exmormon and NOM.net

Post by JustHangingOn@57 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:04 pm

The conspiracy theorist in me thinks that there are a good number of "plants" over at /ex. And I don't mean shrubbery. TBM's who post seemingly over the top rants filled with explicit language with the intent of scaring off first time curious visitors. "See what happens to you when you start doubting and visiting places on the "dark web" where the scary apostate followers of Satan go to roost? We told you to stay away from places like that and now you know why. Come back to us. Doubt your doubts. We love you. And Jesus loves you"

Course my DW says I have an over active imagination so I could be completely full of s***.