What are you doing during GC?

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
moksha

Re: What are you doing during GC?

Post by moksha » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:03 pm

For anyone planning to watch the conference on TV, it is important to check and see if you have enough microwave popcorn and diet cola on hand to make it through the entire conference.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

MoPag

Post by MoPag » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:04 pm

moksha wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:03 pm
For anyone planning to watch the conference on TV, it is important to check and see if you have enough microwave popcorn and diet cola on hand to make it through the entire conference.
Also for anyone stuck watching, here at NOM we participate in General NOMfrence. I'm planning a extra fun General NOMfrence since its RMNs first time as our supreme overlord. Details to follow.... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound

glass shelf

Post by glass shelf » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:14 pm

Living far outside of Morridor, the only reason that I know that it's general conference is the interwebs.

It's also Easter, right? Pretty sure my kids will be chowing down on chocolate, and we'll make a fun meal together. No real plans other than that.

Kishkumen

Post by Kishkumen » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:14 pm

Shots

John G.

Post by John G. » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:10 pm

oliver_denom wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:55 am
I'm going to go through my normal routine. Anything interesting will be splashed all over the internet at the end of the day. If something's especially interesting, then I'll wait until its in print and read it.

At this point, I'm more excited about the new Han Solo movie than discovering the latest mandate from heaven.
Are you planning on doing any posts analyzing conference talks? I thought the past ones you did were pretty good! I’ve noticed that there will be one talk that ex-mos will talk about, but they’ll miss alot of the talks that have some crazy stuff in them.
"If your children are taught untruths on evolution in the public schools or even in our Church schools, provide them with a copy of President Joseph Fielding Smith's excellent rebuttal in his book Man, His Origin and Destiny."

Ezra Taft Benson

Raylan Givens

Post by Raylan Givens » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:09 am

Dinosaur land area in Vernal. My daughter is way into dinosaurs, so we are making the trek to lovely Vernal. I am sure I will hear a little bit if it blasting in different places.
"Ah, you know, I think you use the Bible to do whatever the hell you like" - Raylan Givens

azflyer

Post by azflyer » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:55 pm

I'll be in attendance. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

MerrieMiss

Post by MerrieMiss » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:47 pm

I told my husband I wanted to attend Easter Sunday at another church (I didn't realize it was conference). So we may try out another church, or if we're lazy, we'll just hang out. I doubt conference will be turned on, maybe Sunday morning. I hope we're not doing Easter dinner at the in-laws.