The blame game

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Kishkumen

The blame game

Post by Kishkumen » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:55 pm

OK - time to rant.

My BIL and SIL came to town this week. Long story short - they came to town for a funeral and stayed with us for two nights.

This evening, thanks to my BIL, I'm now out an extra $50, my kids are driving me crazy, wife and I are in a bad mood and my chances for a peaceful evening tonight are extremely reduced.

I think his actions are a result of 50% natural dickhead and 50% exacerbated being TBM.

Anon70

Re: The blame game

Post by Anon70 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:17 am

Sorry to hear that. I came here tonight feeling sorry for myself because my family is here from out of town and their complete disgust and disdain for me being a “non believer” is out in the open. Everything I say is ignorant and liberal, apparently. 10 more days so I’m going to keep my thoughts and opinions to myself and try to keep the peace. I can do it. I feel sad though that I no longer enjoy a good relationship with my parents. I used to be their golden child and they praised me endlessly. That’s over. Lol.

Not Buying It

Post by Not Buying It » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:25 am

Well, it says something about your family members when their ability to get along with you depends on you agreeing with their religious opinions. And what it says about them isn’t good.
"The truth is elegantly simple. The lie needs complex apologia. 4 simple words: Joe made it up. It answers everything with the perfect simplicity of Occam's Razor. Every convoluted excuse withers." - Some guy on Reddit called disposazelph

No Tof

Post by No Tof » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:57 am

Kishkumen wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:55 pm
OK - time to rant.

My BIL and SIL came to town this week. Long story short - they came to town for a funeral and stayed with us for two nights.

This evening, thanks to my BIL, I'm now out an extra $50, my kids are driving me crazy, wife and I are in a bad mood and my chances for a peaceful evening tonight are extremely reduced.

I think his actions are a result of 50% natural dickhead and 50% exacerbated being TBM.
I've missed you and your rants Kish. I was beginning to think you were living happily ever after. :oops:
That being said, I prefer the long story over the short. (my life is so boring).

Hope you have settled the waters at home. "no other success can compensate for letting dickheads into your home" or something like that. :)

Peace.
Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and right doing, there is a field. I'll meet you there.
Rumi

Kishkumen

Post by Kishkumen » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:50 am

Anon70 wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:17 am
Sorry to hear that. I came here tonight feeling sorry for myself because my family is here from out of town and their complete disgust and disdain for me being a “non believer” is out in the open. Everything I say is ignorant and liberal, apparently. 10 more days so I’m going to keep my thoughts and opinions to myself and try to keep the peace. I can do it. I feel sad though that I no longer enjoy a good relationship with my parents. I used to be their golden child and they praised me endlessly. That’s over. Lol.
Sympathies - I'm sure it's much harder than my weekend, this is a 'free to vent zone.'

Anon70

Post by Anon70 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:31 am

Not Buying It wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:25 am
Well, it says something about your family members when their ability to get along with you depends on you agreeing with their religious opinions. And what it says about them isn’t good.
They were criticizing everything and everyone-I was actually shocked by the racist and bigoted things they were saying. I asked a few questions and stated things I didn’t believe (about the church). And they took it very personal and were offended. I told my DH that I was probably disgusted myself (about the church) and my opinions are strong so maybe I came across rudely. But I didn’t get offended by their belief. Double standards.

The other thing that was strange is they kept quoting all these “facts” about racism, church history and homosexuality but when I’d research their “facts” they were either completely misrepresenting them or they had completely misunderstood them. That’s the moment where I was like.....no conversation will fix or resolve this and I need to stop engaging. They used to be pretty live and let live but they’ve made it clear now they don’t approve of me.

Archimedes

Post by Archimedes » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:20 pm

Just say No to dickheads.
"She never loved you; she loved the church, her one true love. She used you to marry the church by proxy."

-- unknown reddit poster