Patrick Mason Talk

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
blazerb

Re: Patrick Mason Talk

Post by blazerb » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:35 am

MalcolmVillager wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:55 pm
I loves this talk when it came out a few years ago. I sent it to all the adults in nyy extended family with an I citation to watch it and read the essays, along with Planted. I got no response from most and calls to repentance from the others.

I don't see the church changing fast enough to save so many of the members. It is sad to me to see the families ripped apart.

I am hoping for either signs of change or a doubling down at this GC. Either one will work for me as I see this middle of the village lifestyle as untenable for the lokng haul. It will help expedite my decisions.
I have not shared anything like this with my own family. I can imagine the calls to repentance that I would get, but most would just not care as you found. I am curious what you found from GC. I just heard more doubling down. There may have been some vague references to doing better as a church, but it just was not there.

Let's face it, a church that is concerned about who stands first at the end of a meeting cannot possibly be the same one that recognizes the fallibility of its leaders and takes action to correct past mistakes.

MalcolmVillager

Re: Patrick Mason Talk

Post by MalcolmVillager » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:31 pm

Well GC wasn't what I expected. There were actually a select few talks that were great. The new apostles were a breath of fresh air (sadly as I was ready to tirade about more white utah dudes).

They didn't have any offensive anti LGBTQ talks.

The tiny changes to ministering and EQ/HP are the weakest "revelations" ever.

I am still hanging on for now.