Clamping Down on Statistical Websites

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Thoughtful

Re: Clamping Down on Statistical Websites

Post by Thoughtful » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:25 pm

I mentioned this to Spouseman, stone rolling forth to fill the earth and all.

He said, "Elder Packer said years ago we would never be the majority."

End of conversation.

Linked

Post by Linked » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:08 pm

Thoughtful wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:25 pm

End of conversation.
Ugh. My family is doing the same thing. I walked in on my brother talking to my family and before they saw me he was expounding how "fill the earth" never meant fill the earth. We've always been at war with Eastasia.
"I would write about life. Every person would be exactly as important as any other. All facts would also be given equal weightiness. Nothing would be left out. Let others bring order to chaos. I would bring chaos to order" - Kurt Vonnegut

FiveFingerMnemonic

Post by FiveFingerMnemonic » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:10 pm

Linked wrote:
Thoughtful wrote:

End of conversation.
Ugh. My family is doing the same thing. I walked in on my brother talking to my family and before they saw me he was expounding how "fill the earth" never meant fill the earth. We've always been at war with Eastasia.
There was a scripture in the D&C that explained how the faithful would be small in number throughout the earth in the last days that makes a great excuse too. I'm still trying to recall where that was.

FiveFingerMnemonic

Post by FiveFingerMnemonic » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:27 pm

FiveFingerMnemonic wrote:
Linked wrote:
Thoughtful wrote:

End of conversation.
There was a scripture in the D&C that explained how the faithful would be small in number throughout the earth in the last days that makes a great excuse too. I'm still trying to recall where that was.
Ah here it is, not D&C but BOM: 1 Nephi 14:

12 And it came to pass that I beheld the church of the Lamb of God, and its numbers were few, because of the wickedness and abominations of the whore who sat upon many waters; nevertheless, I beheld that the church of the Lamb, who were the saints of God, were also upon all the face of the earth; and their dominions upon the face of the earth were small, because of the wickedness of the great whore whom I saw.

Thoughtful

Post by Thoughtful » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:17 pm

Linked wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:08 pm
Thoughtful wrote:

End of conversation.
It's BS.

I sat through enough seminary and SS classes where we the chosen people will spread the gospel far and wide, we will someday have temples in China, in Russia. Everyone wants to be LDS, they just don't know about it yet. Etc. It was a big deal.