Talking to family

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
hmb

Re: Talking to family

Post by hmb » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:47 am

Mormorrisey wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:18 am
This is the email she sent to a sibling and I after conference:

"Are either of you ready yet to exit the great and spacious building, make your way back through the mists of darkness to the strait and narrow path, take hold of the iron rod and return to partake again of the fruit of the tree which was once so delicious to your taste?
I cannot abandon hope that one day it will be brought to the remembrance of you both who you really are, have always really been and to receive the courage and faith to embrace that persona once again."

Yeah, I won't be talking about church issues with Mommy anytime soon.

I am still hiding it all from my dad. My siblings, that have left, warn me that I will receive "much preaching" if I come out. My dad would say something like the above quote, but in a less condescending way. I have to remember that he believes it's his duty. He preaches, pleads, and warns. I think it's because, while he knows that it's the choice of the individual, he wants to make sure he has done all he can so that the sin be on the kids' own heads and not on his, the parent. It's a weird, twisted concept, but I do remember thinking the same about my own wayward son (back in the day), for which I now apologize.