Well, that sucked

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Korihor

Well, that sucked

Post by Korihor » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:09 am

Yesterday was another day in the pews. The flames were burning hot. In fact, I tried to post an update of Hades on fire, but the church wifi was so slow that nothing was working.

The day started off OK. We woke up a little early with 2 monkeys in our bed. No more sleeping in at the Korihor house. A nice little breakfast, get dressed and I think "Maybe we'll have a nice quiet sunday". I wear brown slacks, a striped dress shirt and no tie, and I have a goatee. We arrive at church and sit down, all is well and the kids are being good for once. They make announcements of 5 more people called new positions in our newly created/reorganized stake and they also announce the release of Mrs Korihor from her calling.

Then the talks start. Sister TBM has a talk about "questions vs doubts". I am enraged. Honestly, I can't provide many quotes from her because I was so made, but she had several recent quotes from church leaders about the subject. "Doubt your doubts, Honest inquiry, bad info on internet, etc" Everything from the past 2 GC that has made waves in our NOM/ExMo circles was shared in her talk. Every Mrs Korihor was bothered. Apparently Mrs Korihor and I don't have real intent because we arrived at conclusions different than the official version. I told Mrs Kori that I would stand with my back to the speaker if she was a SP or higher and I wasn't joking.
The next speaker gets up and babbles more of the same. I was so incensed by now I don't know what he said. I just read Reddit ExMo and NOM on my phone. Mercifully, SM ends. I told Mrs Kori I am not staying for Sunday School. I drive to the convenience store and get another fountain drink from myself and my friend.

I spend the remainder of 2nd hour in the library with my friend, he's filling for his sick wife. Again, people in the foyer see me bring in two fountain drinks and we enjoy our beverage in the library. Several people come in, including the BP, come in the library as I'm sipping away on my straw.

EQ begins, we meet in the gym. I take my drink in, set up chairs and leave my drink on the table away from the group. At least I have minimal courtesy. The lesson is about faith and testimony. I do my best to derail the lesson by mentioned that Howard Hunter says he had a testimony before he had understanding. I ask "How can someone have a testimony of something before they understand it? I know that faith, understanding and testimony all go hand in hand, but there is a sequence to this." This starts a good conversation off topic, but ultimately only TBM answers are given.

We have a closing prayer and I keep my eyes open, hell I don't even fold my arms - I just hold my cell phone. I look around the room, everyone else has arms folded, head bowed, eyes closed. I am alone.

We go home and the entire Korihor family takes a nap.

Today, I am strongly considered writing the BP to give him a piece of my mind about the talks.

EDIT- Last last night I upload an image to LDS tools to update my profile pic/avatar. I used this https://imgur.com/a/YoWcj
Reading can severely damage your ignorance.

Meilingkie

Re: Well, that sucked

Post by Meilingkie » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:11 am

Lesson in PH was deplorable indeed, and I feel for you.
We have the reversed schedule, ending with SacMtg. Maybe that´s the reason I could endure.
In SS we all received a note asking to write down reasons to read the BoM
I wrote:
1. It´s not the bible for a change
2. It´s been made into a Broadway Musical
3. Featured on South Park
And put it in the box as requested.

In PH we had a bad discussion.
It takes faith I said to build a testimony of a principle.
You do things in blind faith, then a testimony grows and your faith is enlightened.
It devolved in a discussion about people not wanting to fill callings and turned into namecalling.
I told the HC-member to bugger off. :evil:

ARGHHHH
"Getting the Mormon out of the Church is easier than getting the Mormon out of the Ex-Mormon"

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:35 am

Now that she's released maybe it's time to stop going? It sounds like you have a window of opportunity.

Next week see if you can chew on a Chevron Hot Dog while sippin on your gin and juice, laid back, with your mind on your money and your money on your mind!
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

Silver Girl

Post by Silver Girl » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:41 am

Meilingkie wrote:Lesson in PH was deplorable indeed, and I feel for you.
We have the reversed schedule, ending with SacMtg. Maybe that´s the reason I could endure.
In SS we all received a note asking to write down reasons to read the BoM
I wrote:

In PH we had a bad discussion.
It takes faith I said to build a testimony of a principle.
You do things in blind faith, then a testimony grows and your faith is enlightened.
It devolved in a discussion about people not wanting to fill callings and turned into namecalling.
I told the HC-member to bugger off. :evil:

ARGHHHH
Still laughing from your list of reasons - especially #2 & #3. Hilarious.
Silver Girl is sailing into the future. She is no longer scared.

Zack Tacorin Dos

Post by Zack Tacorin Dos » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:19 pm

Meilingkie wrote:In SS we all received a note asking to write down reasons to read the BoM
I wrote:
Hahaha. You didn't really do that, did you? Classic!

Zack Tacorin Dos

Post by Zack Tacorin Dos » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:25 pm

Korihor wrote:Last last night I upload an image to LDS tools to update my profile pic/avatar. I used this https://imgur.com/a/YoWcj

Korihor

Post by Korihor » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:05 pm

Zack Tacorin Dos wrote:
Korihor wrote:Last last night I upload an image to LDS tools to update my profile pic/avatar. I used this https://imgur.com/a/YoWcj
Heck yes I did!
Screenshot of my contact info. (Obviously covered up my personal details) https://imgur.com/a/5Hqax
Reading can severely damage your ignorance.