Had a mind-bending talk with DD last night

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
TheRoadSouth

Had a mind-bending talk with DD last night

Post by TheRoadSouth » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:25 am

My 21-year old exmo DD was telling me, after a couple hours of discussing the damage the church did to us as a family over the years, more about herself. She told me that her “first kiss” was with a girl! I said, “if this was 6 months ago, I would have been devastated and wondering where I went wrong. It would have sent our family into a tailspin of turmoil, concern, and anguish.” What I said last night: “I’m so glad we could have this discussion so I can understand you better!” No judgment, no stress, and zero concern if she decides another lady is best for her (she has a boyfriend right now, so is bi). And that was it. I felt more Christlike than ever before at that moment.
Last edited by TheRoadSouth on Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

No Tof

Re: Had a mind-bending talk with DD last night

Post by No Tof » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:31 am

The shedding of all those taboo topics of discussion is one if the great advantages of giving yourself back your personal power.

It gives you the ability to get closer then ever to your loved ones.

No guilt no shame. Just love.
Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and right doing, there is a field. I'll meet you there.
Rumi

glass shelf

Post by glass shelf » Wed May 02, 2018 1:19 pm

We're attending a wedding for a female family member who is marrying a woman soon. I'm glad we don't have to deal with the conflicted feelings and "moral dilemmas" that the TBM relatives who are actually coming to the wedding keep whining about.

I have no idea about the sexual inclinations of most of my own kids at this time, but it really doesn't matter to me at all. That's a good place to be.

Mad Jax

Post by Mad Jax » Wed May 02, 2018 2:24 pm

My niece went through this with our mostly Christian conservative family. Nobody went into freak out mode, but not all of us attended her wedding. I remember thinking it was nice to be able to just love my new niece with no thought that they were doing anything they shouldn't. I'm happy for you that if you end up with a DIL out of it, that you'll get to experience that freedom too.
Free will is a golden thread flowing through the matrix of fixed events.