Looks like I'm a project now.

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Perfigliano

Looks like I'm a project now.

Post by Perfigliano » Sat May 12, 2018 5:01 pm

Just got invitations to an activity tonight from one of the EQ presidency and a time/location from the missionaries. I turned down the invitation. I'm preparing my love bomb shelter. I know the love bombing is coming soon. The casserole patrol is on its way, ready to bribe me into coming back.

It's really sad that I was more or less ignored by the ward when I was active.
Integrity is more important than loyalty.

Margarita

Re: Looks like I'm a project now.

Post by Margarita » Sat May 12, 2018 5:12 pm

Well..there you go,,,until you are a tithe payer...the casseroles and cookies and all the goodies/invitations will come..after that..gotcha!

Reuben

Post by Reuben » Sat May 12, 2018 5:22 pm

Go to whatever they invite you to, and bring a coffee cup from Starbucks. If they ask what's in it, tell them it's beer.

Wear garments on the outside of your clothes.

Bring a male date and be really clingy. Introduce him as your stepbrother.
Learn to doubt the stories you tell about yourselves and your adversaries.

jfro18

Post by jfro18 » Sat May 12, 2018 5:23 pm

The amount of pressure that is put on those who either have shown doubts, have spouses that doubt, or actually stop going is insane...

And it's frustrating because they know it can work to bring people back in, and try to erase the doubts caused by the dishonesty/manipulation throughout the member's lifetime.

Sorry you have to deal with - stay strong and be respectful, I suppose would be my best advice. The people from your ward are likely very good people who are just doing what they think they are supposed to - so be assertive that you're done but just let them know you still like the people there. :)

Dravin

Post by Dravin » Sun May 13, 2018 3:05 am

Perfigliano wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 5:01 pm
It's really sad that I was more or less ignored by the ward when I was active.
It just makes all the, "Oh, we've missed you at church!" all the more eye rolling. Yes, you missed me when until I was brought up in Ward Council you had no clue who I was or that I had stopped attending. Actually, I think I'm long passed the threat of the, "We've missed you." but if they popped up I think I'll go with the response I've seen others employ, "Oh, I haven't moved. We should go do <completely non-church activity>, and get back in touch." Maybe invite the EQP and Missionaries to go see Deadpool 2 with you.
Hindsight is all well and good... until you trip.