Sam Young Stands Alone Against Elder Christofferson

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Not Buying It

Sam Young Stands Alone Against Elder Christofferson

Post by Not Buying It » Sun May 20, 2018 7:32 pm

Please excuse my posting a link to Reddit, but today Sam Young sat - totally alone - in front of Elder Christofferson in a stake conference and voted opposed to sustaining the First Presidency and Quorum of the Twelve Apostles due to worthiness interviews of youth. Here is his own account:

https://www.reddit.com/r/exmormon/comme ... reat_news/

Sam Young has my respect for his bravery - and no one else would sit by him when he did it, he was completely alone. Security came to talk, to him but did Elder Christofferson come talk to him? Of course not. What a contrast between the courage of someone who stands up for what he believes in against authority even when he has to do it alone, and a cowardly chicken-crap pathetic excuse of a so-called leader who can’t be bothered to talk to someone who objects to the policies he supports face to face, but instead sends his goons to make sure the objector won’t be disruptive. I have zero respect for Elder Christofferson tonight. Sam Young has very publicly stood up to the Brethren, and one of the Brethren avoided him rather than address his very legitimate concerns. If Elder Christofferson thinks Sam Young is Sherem, he did a crap job of being Jacob. Did Alma and Amulek send their security detail to harass Zeezrom instead of talking to him face to face? He ought to be ashamed to call himself an apostle.
Last edited by Not Buying It on Sun May 20, 2018 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The truth is elegantly simple. The lie needs complex apologia. 4 simple words: Joe made it up. It answers everything with the perfect simplicity of Occam's Razor. Every convoluted excuse withers." - Some guy on Reddit called disposazelph

MoPag

Re: Sam Young Stands Alone Against Elder Christofferson

Post by MoPag » Mon May 21, 2018 7:24 am

I followed Sam's adventures as he shared them on FB yesterday. He is amazing!!
Not Buying It wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 7:32 pm

What a contrast between the courage of someone who stands up for what he believes in against authority even when he has to do it alone, and a cowardly chicken-crap pathetic excuse of a so-called leader who can’t be bothered to talk to someone who objects to the policies he supports face to face, but instead sends his goons to make sure the objector won’t be disruptive. I have zero respect for Elder Christofferson tonight. Sam Young has very publicly stood up to the Brethren, and one of the Brethren avoided him rather than address his very legitimate concerns. If Elder Christofferson thinks Sam Young is Sherem, he did a crap job of being Jacob. Did Alma and Amulek send their security detail to harass Zeezrom instead of talking to him face to face? He ought to be ashamed to call himself an apostle.
Amen to this!!^^^ I looooove how Christofferson calls himself a special witness of Jesus Christ and treats Sam like this. Talk about taking the name of Christ in vain. Sam is trying to protect innocent children.
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound

SeeNoEvil

Post by SeeNoEvil » Mon May 21, 2018 8:57 am

I cried when I saw his post. My emotions were a mix of anger towards the cowards who moved away from him and Elder Christofferson and his minions. I also cried out of pure love and honor to the magnitude of Sam's courage and strength to stand alone for what he believes. I wish I could have gone, sat beside him and too raised my hand. It would have been an honor to do so. Thank you Sam.
"Every event that has taken place in this universe has led you to this moment.
... The real question is, what will you do with this moment?" - Unknown

"Never arrive @ a point where you know everything - Korihor57

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Mon May 21, 2018 9:17 am

I appreciate Sam's optimism in all of this. He didn't come across as feeling persecuted by the goons and was happy to hear from one of them that Elder Christofferson has Sam's book on his desk. He seemed pleased that Elder Christofferson wasn't scowling and spitting chunks of coal when he made eye contact with Sam. Most of all he seemed disappointed to have scared off all of the good saints who were so concerned with avoiding the appearance of evil that they wouldn't soil themselves by sitting in the same pew with him.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Bremguy

Post by Bremguy » Mon May 21, 2018 10:00 am

Thank you for sharing the act of bravery on Bro. Sam Young. He is a real hero.

Frankly, If I was Elder Christofferson, this morning, I would be totally ashamed of myself. For not responding to Bro. Young personally.
Then again, it is what you get when you a house high on the hill with a moat. A lot comes down the road, but little gets up the road.
Live Long and Prosper