7 down 1 to go!

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
SeeNoEvil

7 down 1 to go!

Post by SeeNoEvil » Mon May 21, 2018 9:13 am

Yesterday I met my DD for lunch. She happened to be in the area for business. She's the one who about 3 years ago went through the temple for the first time. I of course couldn't go with her. As I sat across from her I couldn't help but admire and comment on the beautiful sleevelesss top she was wearing. She has come along way since that day. I had no idea she had moved into the NOM realm. At one point the conversation moved to what our favorite coffee brands were and her suggestions on what kind of coffee maker to buy since I didn't like the one I had. I smiled all day! Still smiling as I think of this beautiful visit. I have 8 children. 7 out .... 1 to go! Never in my wildest imagination did I think I would be this close to getting all my children out. So hang in there! Don't give up!
"Every event that has taken place in this universe has led you to this moment.
... The real question is, what will you do with this moment?" - Unknown

"Never arrive @ a point where you know everything - Korihor57

MoPag

Re: 7 down 1 to go!

Post by MoPag » Mon May 21, 2018 9:16 am

That is awesome news!!! Yay!!!!
Yay!!!.png
Yay!!!.png (73.52 KiB) Viewed 5830 times
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound

IT_Veteran

Post by IT_Veteran » Mon May 21, 2018 11:34 am

Things like this are, I think, one of the primary reasons I come here. This gives me hope!

RubinHighlander

Post by RubinHighlander » Mon May 21, 2018 4:39 pm

Awesome!

I can say my relationship with my kids has never been better. We go out and have a lot of fun together now and can talk about anything. Getting out of the church has made our family relationships more real, enjoyable and stronger!
“Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.' 'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.”
--Douglas Adams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzmYP3PbfXE

jfro18

Post by jfro18 » Mon May 21, 2018 4:57 pm

That's great news --- what a nice surprise!

It's amazing what realizing the truth can do once you're through the initial pain, and reading these stories give me hope for all of us. :)

SeeNoEvil

Post by SeeNoEvil » Tue May 22, 2018 1:29 pm

Some of the most wonderful times I have had with my adult children are with the ones who have left the church. Nothing like raising a glass or too to bring us all together. No family temple trip ever did that! I won't pretend it was easy to get to this point because it wasn't. There were many times the distance between then and now was so great I never thought this day would come. Now 1 remains and as she painfully watches her family one by one leaving the church the deeper she digs in. The weight to bring her family back weighs heavily on her shoulders. I ache for her.

glass shelf

Post by glass shelf » Wed May 23, 2018 9:58 am

Love it!

I wish all of my siblings and my husband's siblings were out. Maybe one day.

Silver Girl

Post by Silver Girl » Fri May 25, 2018 6:49 pm

What a great story! It's incredible how your conversations and interactions become more open, more real, and more connected. I'm so happy for you, and I hope child #8 soon joins you!
Silver Girl is sailing into the future. She is no longer scared.

deacon blues

Post by deacon blues » Sat May 26, 2018 7:53 am

Good for you SNE. It's fun to share a world view (NOM) with family members. Just remember to love and value all your kids the same. Forgive me for sounding preachy. I was was just thinking about my half in half and half out family. I try to avoid drawing lines that include or exclude. :)
God is Love. God is Truth. The greatest problem with organized religion is that the organization becomes god, rather than a means of serving God.

SeeNoEvil

Post by SeeNoEvil » Sun May 27, 2018 11:36 am

deacon blues wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 7:53 am
Good for you SNE. It's fun to share a world view (NOM) with family members. Just remember to love and value all your kids the same. Forgive me for sounding preachy. I was was just thinking about my half in half and half out family. I try to avoid drawing lines that include or exclude. :)
NP. It is a good reminder to love all which I did when the shoe was on the other foot and I was still very TBM and was watching my children "fall away" from the church. What I see happening now is the one left standing has pretty well shunned her family. It's been difficult and a slow process to keep my foot in her door. She might have given up on Mother SNE but I won't give up on her.

deacon blues

Post by deacon blues » Sun May 27, 2018 2:51 pm

Good for you. I apologize if my comment seemed judgemental. It is interesting how people react when the shoe is on the other foot. Loving people is its own reward.
God is Love. God is Truth. The greatest problem with organized religion is that the organization becomes god, rather than a means of serving God.