Utah Cheerleaders Dismissed

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
moksha

Utah Cheerleaders Dismissed

Post by moksha » Sat May 26, 2018 7:01 am

A number of Utah cheerleaders were dismissed from cheerleading because they sang a rap song with naughty words on a Snapchat video.

Fortunately, the Elders of Cache School District have made provision for reinstatement if the girls agree to repent, spend 50 hours doing community service, and sing the first two verses of Praise to the Man for the District Elders.

The girls had been lead astray by the devil-spawned rap music of Big Sean.

https://www.sltrib.com/news/education/2 ... h-lawsuit/
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

SeeNoEvil

Re: Utah Cheerleaders Dismissed

Post by SeeNoEvil » Sun May 27, 2018 11:31 am

This is so Utah. I bet if those girls are Mormon a lot of shelves came crashing down over this or at least big cracks. All I can say is I am so glad I no longer live in Utah.
"Every event that has taken place in this universe has led you to this moment.
... The real question is, what will you do with this moment?" - Unknown

"Never arrive @ a point where you know everything - Korihor57

Kalikala

Post by Kalikala » Sun May 27, 2018 12:11 pm

So much for the first amendment.

This is probably a valuable lesson to the girls on how social media can effect their lives and to think things through before posting.

But the school is wrong about this IMO.
"The opposite of Faith is not Doubt, it's Certainty." ~ Anne Lamott

Love More.

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Sun May 27, 2018 1:01 pm

SeeNoEvil wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 11:31 am
This is so Utah. I bet if those girls are Mormon a lot of shelves came crashing down over this or at least big cracks. All I can say is I am so glad I no longer live in Utah.
I'm not so sure this is just a "Utah" thing. In many cheer programs, the kids end up agreeing to a "code of conduct" which goes way beyond normal teenage behavior. They are expected to be shining "examples" to the rest of the student-body. The leaders of the cheer program probably have documentation to back up their dismissal actions.

I do agree that repeating "naughty" lyrics is a bit over the top. It's also possible that the statements in my paragraph above are crazy. If anyone else has evidence to the contrary, please fee free to correct me...
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...