Can someone catch me up please?

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Hagoth

Re: Can someone catch me up please?

Post by Hagoth » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:17 pm

cwald wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:16 pm
Hey. Just checked in. It's been awhile. I posted in misc beer thread last night.
Whoa, a close encounter of the beer kind. Great to see your huge green head, Cwald!
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

oliver_denom

Post by oliver_denom » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:34 am

cwald wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:16 pm
sundancegt wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:20 pm
Well, I found my avatar from the old days. Doesn't really apply to me now as it did then.
I'll work on an current intro.

Thanks for the update. How long has the board been back alive?

I'll reach out to Chad or give him a call. I've not seen him for about a year but I need to fix that soon.
Hey. Just checked in. It's been awhile. I posted in misc beer thread last night.
How's the micro-brew? I still have sharing a beer with you on my bucket list. I'm a big believer in low bar, very achievable goals.
“You want to know something? We are still in the Dark Ages. The Dark Ages--they haven't ended yet.” - Vonnegut

L'enfer, c'est les autres - JP

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:38 am

oliver_denom wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:34 am

How's the micro-brew? I still have sharing a beer with you on my bucket list. I'm a big believer in low bar, very achievable goals.
Hey, we share a bucket list item. We should figure out some way to turn it into an event.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:17 am

Hagoth wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:38 am
oliver_denom wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:34 am

Hey, we share a bucket list item. We should figure out some way to turn it into an event.
How about a NOM reunion at a swanky motel 6 conference room? Valet parking is optional?

I hear AZ is warm in the winter and Corsair lives in a Motel 6!
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

Corsair

Post by Corsair » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:29 am

Red Ryder wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:17 am
How about a NOM reunion at a swanky motel 6 conference room? Valet parking is optional?

I hear AZ is warm in the winter and Corsair lives in a Motel 6!
I'll keep the light on for you.

Archimedes

Post by Archimedes » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:12 am

Oh, yea, somebody shot J.R.
"She never loved you; she loved the church, her one true love. She used you to marry the church by proxy."

-- unknown reddit poster

EternityIsNow

Post by EternityIsNow » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:19 pm

Good to see another familiar avatar. Some of us have upgraded the visuals a bit, but using the same old names. As for what we are doing here, we have been doing here that which we have done on the other board.

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:53 am

EternityIsNow wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:19 pm
As for what we are doing here, we have been doing here that which we have done on the other board.
You know, that is not only funny but it is also profoundly true. We have been giving the fruit of the tree of knowledge to these people.

crazyhamster

Post by crazyhamster » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:36 pm

I’m still stopping by from time to time. It was a great work those that resurrected the board did. Yeah, even a marvellous work and a wonder.

Arcturus

Post by Arcturus » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:45 am

Red Ryder wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:55 am
The board went down almost 2years ago and then finally disappeared August or sept 2016. Hagoth and Corsair are the first resurrected beings who appeared to me when I knelt down in a grove of trees and asked which board I should join. They told me not to join any other board for they were going to restore the one true board.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
“How valuable is a faith that is dependent on the maintenance of ignorance? If faith can only thrive in the absence of the knowledge of its origins, history, and competing theological concepts, then what is it we really have to hold on to?”
D Brisbin

cwald

Post by cwald » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:35 pm

Hey Fellers. Hagoth and Oliver etc etc...

Yes I still brew my own beer and enjoy it very much and will gladly meet any of you in Bend Oregon, or any place in Oregon, for a brew if you're in this area.

I kind of left NOM mentality when they kicked out the emu, what was his name? Damn. I feel kind of bad because he stopped by the house and drank beer with me after all that happened... Kodak? Maybe.

I probably won't spend a lot of time on New Order Mormon only because I am pretty well exmormon at this time. Oh excuse me we're not allowed to use the term "Mormon" anymore. I am an ex member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Sainters.

I do post over at Mormon Discussions on occasion. Mostly out of boredom and because I have a few acquaintances over there. But I found that I have, thank God, been able to get past all of this for the most part. Of course I have to go home once a year and deal with family. Which is what NOM really is all about. Jwald and my kids and myself have left the church behind and I think we have found a pretty peaceful existence. I don't feel guilt on Sundays. No guilt about not going to church. I don't feel guilt wearing real underwear. I drank in front of Mormons and I don't care or even think about it anymore.even coffee. It seldoms registers now. Even when I'm back in Idaho or when in-laws come out and visit I will drink a beer or a cup of coffee and it hardly even registers, with me at least.

I was one of the lucky ones. That my family left with me.

And to be honest the reason I got kicked out of stayLDS.com and why I can't really participate at NOM is because I simply don't believe in it at all. It makes no sense to me at any level, and I don't mince words and I'm okay calling the Mormon Church a cult. I don't have much good to say about the church.

I just wish the Mormon church was as "true" and good as the people who belong to it. Which is why I will come back and say hi once in awhile to all of you good folk. Even if the Mormon church was the one true church I don't want anything to do with it. They don't deserve the loyalty of my family and friends.

Okay that is all I'll say cuz I don't want to get banned. I will maybe check in and update you on my Brewing adventures and certainly I would love to get together with some of the old NOMers and stayLDSers. Cheers.
"Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn’t participate enthusiastically." - Robert Kirby