Questions to get TBMs thinking

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
oliblish

Re: Questions to get TBMs thinking

Post by oliblish » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:58 am

I have a couple of other questions to add to this:

Is there anything that Christ's atonement can't cover? Can it make up for the fact that someone didn't get baptized? Can it forgive someone for not being married in the temple? If the atonement has limitations is it truly infinite?

Why is Satan so powerful? Shouldn't we be more powerful than him since we were obedient to God and received bodies?
Stands next to Kolob, called by the Egyptians Oliblish, which is the next grand governing creation near to the celestial or the place where God resides; holding the key of power also, pertaining to other planets; as revealed from God to Abraham

jfro18

Post by jfro18 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:11 am

oliblish wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:58 am

Why is Satan so powerful? Shouldn't we be more powerful than him since we were obedient to God and received bodies?
This is a great one - I don't think you'll ever get much in the way of a response, but it's a great question to ask.

MerrieMiss

Post by MerrieMiss » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:42 am

jfro18 wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:11 am
oliblish wrote:

This is a great one - I don't think you'll ever get much in the way of a response, but it's a great question to ask.
I ponder a similar one all the time when we're on car drives. "Why are so many things named after the devil? Devil's lake, Devil's gap, Devil's punchbowl, Devil's gate, Devil's Den...He certainly gets a lot of recognition. Why doesn't Jesus get that kind of recognition?" Husband's response: "I don't know, but he was my checker at Safeway last night."

RubinHighlander

Post by RubinHighlander » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:16 pm

MerrieMiss wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:42 am
jfro18 wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:11 am
oliblish wrote:

I ponder a similar one all the time when we're on car drives. "Why are so many things named after the devil? Devil's lake, Devil's gap, Devil's punchbowl, Devil's gate, Devil's Den...He certainly gets a lot of recognition. Why doesn't Jesus get that kind of recognition?" Husband's response: "I don't know, but he was my checker at Safeway last night."
We were just on a trip to S. Utah last weekend and joked about all the cool geologic formations that get the name Devil tagged on them. And now even the word Mormon is now the Devil winning...so much silliness that even Santa laughs about it!
“Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.' 'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.”
--Douglas Adams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzmYP3PbfXE