Happy Priesthood Day!

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Hagoth

Happy Priesthood Day!

Post by Hagoth » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:15 am

The day when we celebrate the presence of priesthood in the home (or bemoan the lack thereof).

ETA: Mrs. Hagoth celebrated Fathers Day by staying home from church to make breakfast and go on a walk with me. That's everything I need for a happy Fathers Day.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

FiveFingerMnemonic

Re: Happy Priesthood Day!

Post by FiveFingerMnemonic » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:50 pm

Had a nice young woman talk about how her broken foot was not healed by her father's blessing and she requires surgery. The discomfort in the audience was palpable until she saved the day by saying "but it did bring comfort".

moksha

Post by moksha » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:56 pm

Hope all the fathers had a good day. I did and I was grateful for the time together.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

slavereeno

Post by slavereeno » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:53 pm

shadow

Post by shadow » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:17 pm

Most accurate thread subject ever.

We didn't go to church on Mother's day because my TBM wife wanted to sleep in and have breakfast in bed. But when it came to Father's day, she insisted we be at church. And the talks were just as to be expected. "My dad is so great because we have the priesthood in the home. But if it's not in the home, it's still available to everyone."

Oh yeah? Thanks for the talk. Thanks for telling my kids that I am deficient while I sit right there next to them. And I'm deficient because I have some issues with a dude who claimed he could hear God tell him that he needed to sleep with a bunch of women behind his wife's back? Fuck that.
"Healing is impossible in loneliness; it is the opposite of loneliness. Conviviality is healing. To be healed we must come with all the other creates to the feast of Creation." --Wendell Berry