Konfession Time!

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Korihor

Konfession Time!

Post by Korihor » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:34 pm

As noted, I was Kishkumen on the old board. I've adopted a new name for variety of reasons.

I only wear garments about 25% of the time now.
I actually volunteered to help in our ward Halloween party. Mrs Korihor is not happy I spent $20 on supplies (Long story, but I understand her position even if we disagree).
Went out of town on a business trip, helped myself to the open bar.
I'm actively trying to add a lot of weight to a select few shelves.
Said a naughty word in front of Baby Korihor, she learned a new word.
Reading can severely damage your ignorance.

shadow

Re: Konfession Time!

Post by shadow » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:48 pm

Had a giant garbage bag of slightly gray clothing with distinctive markings.

Said clothing had remained in the bag unused for over a year.

Said bag even managed to stay in our possession through a move.

Had a bonfire in my new fire pit one night while kids were sleeping and wife was at work.

Said bag of clothes is no longer in my possession.
"Healing is impossible in loneliness; it is the opposite of loneliness. Conviviality is healing. To be healed we must come with all the other creates to the feast of Creation." --Wendell Berry

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:13 pm

I searched for a cowbell emoticon. :lol:
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

FreeBird

Post by FreeBird » Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:23 pm

I went to the Book of Mormon musical...and I liked it.

kingstontrio

Post by kingstontrio » Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:29 pm

I have heard that garments have gone through a HUGE design change...for women. Is this true? They no longer go to the knees? What? Will they have garments that look like normal underwear in a few years?

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:39 pm

Korihor wrote:As noted, I was Kishkumen on the old board. I've adopted a new name for variety of reasons.
We're just glad you're back!

Confessions:
I discovered hard cider at a pub in Ireland. I had one every night go wind down from a hard day's work.
Had a cocktail at an open bar at a wedding with Mrs Hagoth. She said "I don't care."
Coffee on mornings when I need a jump start.

Despite all of this I still have little interest in frequent drinking, and coffee makes me a little too jittery, but it's just nice to have the option to choose, you know, like normal people.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Anon70

Post by Anon70 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:04 pm

I tasted coffee. Hated it. Snuck it like a coward looking over my shoulder the whole time. Sigh.

nibbler

Post by nibbler » Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:35 am

Confessions:

In third grade, I cheated on my history exam.

In fourth grade, I stole my uncle Max’s toupee and I glued it on my face when I was Moses in my Hebrew School play.

In fifth grade, I knocked my sister Edie down the stairs and I blamed it on the dog.

When my mom sent me to the summer camp for fat kids and then they served lunch I went nuts and I pigged out and they kicked me out.

But the worst thing I ever done — I mixed a pot of fake puke at home and then I went to this movie theater, hid the puke in my jacket, climbed up to the balcony and then, then, I made a noise like this: hua-hua-hua-huaaaaaaa — and then I dumped it over the side, all over the people in the audience. And then, this was horrible, all the people started getting sick and throwing up all over each other. I never felt so bad in my entire life.
We don’t see things as they are, we see them as we are.
– Anais Nin

Lithium Sunset

Post by Lithium Sunset » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:54 am

You've gotta love Chunk haha

I started drinking Earl Grey Tea. I know, I know, it's a small thing but I was having a hard time branching out from herbal to that sinful tea.
"The real things haven't changed. It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures; and have courage when things go wrong." -Laura Ingalls Wilder

beetbox

Post by beetbox » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:01 am

Lithium Sunset wrote:I started drinking Earl Grey Tea. I know, I know, it's a small thing but I was having a hard time branching out from herbal to that sinful tea.
Earl Grey is the perfect gateway into the sinful beverages.

Meilingkie

Post by Meilingkie » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:23 am

Acknowledged. Started on Earl Grey, my teammates at Work gave me a box not knowing it was forbidden. It's rather Nice......
Did I mention they are all lovely young ladies, so this old Guy has enough nice faces to look at.
"Getting the Mormon out of the Church is easier than getting the Mormon out of the Ex-Mormon"

NotKeepingQuiet

Post by NotKeepingQuiet » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:27 am

I adore coffee brewed in an Italian mocha pot. Almost every Sunday, I head right to my car after SM, drive to the nearest gas station and buy the biggest fountain diet coke they make.

GoodBoy

Post by GoodBoy » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:00 pm

I'm so glad that you are back to update us on all of your debauchery! :-) It's good to hear from you again Kish... or should I call you Kori now? Maybe just Hor?

My own update on bad behavior:
I drink more mild barley drinks than I used to, but still not much... like once a week.
I drink tea most days, and coffee some days, but I definitely do it in moderation... like 1/2 a cup per day.
I skip church about 2-3 weeks out of the month and my family is starting to skip with me.

Other than that I pretty much behave myself.
Always been the good kid, but I wanted to know more, and to find and test truth.

Fifi de la Vergne

Post by Fifi de la Vergne » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:24 pm

My family went out of state on a camping trip and left me behind for about a week, and I sank into complete dissipation: over the course of a week I drank 2 bottles of Goats Do Roam rosé wine and binge-watched 2 seasons of Mad Men.
Joy is the emotional expression of the courageous Yes to one's own true being.

Korihor

Post by Korihor » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:26 pm

Fifi de la Vergne wrote:My family went out of state on a camping trip and left me behind for about a week, and I sank into complete dissipation: over the course of a week I drank 2 bottles of Goats Do Roam rosé wine and binge-watched 2 seasons of Mad Men.
This is Konfession time, not bragging time :lol:
Reading can severely damage your ignorance.

Meilingkie

Post by Meilingkie » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:45 pm

I drink Earl Grey in the office.
I also drink caffeinated normal Coca-Cola.
DW made rabbitstew with brandy last Saturday.
DW made another stew using Guinness yesterday.

We go to amusementparks after leaving Church.
We speak evil of the Lord anointed, yea even his Excellency the Righthonorable Br. Bijkerk SP
"Getting the Mormon out of the Church is easier than getting the Mormon out of the Ex-Mormon"

glass shelf

Post by glass shelf » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:41 pm

One of my favorite parts of the day is that my oldest child and I now drink tea together when we have breakfast every morning. Sometimes herbal, but often different green teas. It's a lovely ritual. I've always drunk herbal tea, but I felt bad drinking "too much" because of outside pressures, so it's nice to just own my tea habit. I have a pretty tea station set up in my kitchen for all to behold. A TBM friend was visiting one day and asked me what my electric kettle was because she'd never seen one.

There are (more than you would expect) people with ties to Mormonism (some still believers from what I can tell) in my online grad program cohort. It came out at the in-person orientation that I went to BYU, so I often wear tank tops now for video chats just to keep things interesting, and I did a big research project on the neurological effects of caffeine. Just doing my part to be a happy, successful exmo.

NOMinally Mormon

Post by NOMinally Mormon » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:36 pm

When buying booze, I still look over my shoulder.

Emower

Post by Emower » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:07 pm

kingstontrio wrote:I have heard that garments have gone through a HUGE design change...for women. Is this true? They no longer go to the knees? What? Will they have garments that look like normal underwear in a few years?

No, they resized some stuff, came out with some new fabric and made more size options. That's about it. I was really hoping for a new lingerie line, maybe some covered wagon or angel Moroni designs but it didn't happen.

Zadok

Post by Zadok » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:10 pm

I have learned from sad experience that you should NEVER CONFESS, so I'll have to pass on this thread.
If I'm a bird, why can't I fly?