Konfession Time!

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Korihor

Re: Konfession Time!

Post by Korihor » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:21 pm

I couldn't take it anymore. I left Sunday school and went to the local convenience store and got a Coke and mikes harder lemonade.
I returned to the church parking lot, enjoyed my crisp refreshing lemonade, waved at someone walking by and listened to IoT.

Now I'm in EQ, feeling a bit better. I even brought my empty container inside the church bldg and placed in a waste receptacle.

Edit - p.s. A little buzz dulls the pain of the lesson.
Reading can severely damage your ignorance.

Culper Jr.

Post by Culper Jr. » Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:16 pm

I discovered that I love iced tea. No one knows of my disaffection (DW a little, but not about the tea) so I keep it (the disaffection and the tea) totally under the radar. Of course, the WoW says hot drinks, and you can't get much more opposite of a hot drink than iced tea. Anyway, when I go to a restaurant w/out family or I am at work, I feel this thrill of rebellion and sneakiness by drinking what essentially is a mild soft drink that kids consume. Kinda illustrates how much the church screws with your mind.

AzCommando

Post by AzCommando » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:11 am

Right now I have a half gallon of SNAPPLE PEACH TEA on ice for lunch. On the label it says made with green and black tea. So what is the verdict on that? I always have it now for a lunch eaten out.

I also keep it in the auxiliary fridge in the garage and the TBM wife hasn't thrown it out yet. :o Adult TBM kids never say anything if they grab a diet pepsi on their way out the door.

They are probably just surprised that as the "IDENTIFIED APOSTATE" it isn't mild barley drinks. :lol:

Corsair

Post by Corsair » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:42 am

I confess that I gave the closing prayer in sacrament meeting yesterday. I somehow gave off enough of a spiritual vibe so that my good bishop asked me to say a prayer. I then gave a brief and (IMHO) spiritual prayer with no hidden meaning beyond a reverence for Jesus Christ. My apostate street cred was thus damaged, I'm sure. I fear that my gravest sin is this hilarious double life I am leading.

LadyLillith

Post by LadyLillith » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:06 pm

While passing through Oregon recently I visited a dispensary. Dude, it's not the '70s anymore...

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:19 pm

LadyLillith wrote:While passing through Oregon recently I visited a dispensary. Dude, it's not the '70s anymore...
Did you make a purchase? 8-)
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

LadyLillith

Post by LadyLillith » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:09 pm

Indeed I did. The prices are not from the '70s, either ;)

fetchface

Post by fetchface » Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:35 pm

I won the ward chili cookoff. My secret ingredient was burgundy. Worst yet, when I expressed concern that it might be unethical to feed burgundy sauce to Mormons without disclosing it (even if I simmered it for six hours) my TBM wife *forced* me to do it anyway.
Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas
My blog: http://untanglingmybrain.blogspot.com/

2bizE

Post by 2bizE » Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:35 pm

Culper Jr. wrote:I discovered that I love iced tea. No one knows of my disaffection (DW a little, but not about the tea) so I keep it (the disaffection and the tea) totally under the radar. Of course, the WoW says hot drinks, and you can't get much more opposite of a hot drink than iced tea. Anyway, when I go to a restaurant w/out family or I am at work, I feel this thrill of rebellion and sneakiness by drinking what essentially is a mild soft drink that kids consume. Kinda illustrates how much the church screws with your mind.
I know how you feel. I always feel like a dumb ass unable to order an iced tea when the 10 year old in front of me at Wendy's orders one without hesitation. 99.99% of the world does not have this stupid problem.
~2bizE

beetbox

Post by beetbox » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:20 am

It was my turn to put the toddler to bed. Part of his nightly ritual includes kneeling at his bedside and saying a "prayer" with him. I opened with "Dear Flying Spaghetti Monster . . . ." He thought that was the funniest thing he's ever heard. Hysterical three-year-old laughter. It warmed my heart.

I still haven't had the guts to pray to the Flying Spaghetti Monster at the dinner table with the whole family yet. But it might happen when the wife isn't around.

MerrieMiss

Post by MerrieMiss » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:57 am

I bought half a dozen black and green teas from the bulk bin at the store today so I could sample each one. Weird how it gave me butterflies in the stomach to do it. After brewing my first cup, I put the used teabag in the very bottom of the trash and burned the wrapper it came in. Paranoid, I know it.

I’m having a cup of Earl Grey right now – my first ever black tea.

Corsair

Post by Corsair » Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:14 pm

MerrieMiss wrote:I bought half a dozen black and green teas from the bulk bin at the store today so I could sample each one. Weird how it gave me butterflies in the stomach to do it. After brewing my first cup, I put the used teabag in the very bottom of the trash and burned the wrapper it came in. Paranoid, I know it.

I’m having a cup of Earl Grey right now – my first ever black tea.
While there is such a thing as "white tea", you will still get opposition even though you are partaking in a white and delightsome beverage. This, unfortunately, also applies to alcoholic drinks like White Russians. It's silly that we get worked up over something that simply is "plant parts in hot water".

I have a tiny bit of respect for the church to retreat to the excuse that the Word of Wisdom is simply about obedience. The church must realize that the health aspect makes little sense for coffee and no sense at all in regards to tea. But this message has not filtered down to the wards completely. A couple of years ago the LDS youth magazine, "The New Era", had an article about the Word of Wisdom where youth could write in about their experiences keeping the Word of Wisdom. One unintentionally hilarious paragraph from a youth lamented that they had a friend who left the church and now (horror of horrors) they are addicted to tea! This is a tragedy that could have averted with a solid dose of prayer, scriptures, and not masturbating but now a life is headed directly to the Telestial Kingdom due to a cup of Earl Gray. They will probably be watching "Westworld" for their next attempt to offend the spirit.

Korihor

Post by Korihor » Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:39 pm

Konfession en absentia.

Mrs Kori was looking forward to have a week off the past Sunday not being responsible to teach a YW lesson that week. Late Saturday night, she got a text requesting her to teach since someone wasn't available. Disappointed, she agreed but didn't plan a lesson. She decided to just wing it.

Somehow, the lesson shifted to the sacrament, followed by wine being used in the sacrament. The YW (ages 11-12) asked what wine is exactly. This was followed by a lengthy discussion about what makes wine, wine. Which morphed into a variation of a WoW discussion. What is good / what is bad for our bodies.

Mrs Kori asked "Do you think wine is bad?" The YW didn't know how to respond. Mrs Kori stated they should discuss it with their parents but she doesn't think people that drink wine are bad.

Basically, she told a bunch of YW the WoW is made up and unnecessary rules.

fetchface

Post by fetchface » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:30 am

I added Tyler Glenn's new song "Devil" to my Amazon playlist. 10 year old daughter found it and it is her new favorite song. Not sure what the wife thinks of the chorus "I found myself when I lost my faith" blasting through the house and all four kids dancing away.
Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas
My blog: http://untanglingmybrain.blogspot.com/

Lady_Macbeth

Post by Lady_Macbeth » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:36 am

After six years of hiding the purchase of all lovely hot and iced coffee drinks (always paying with cash, disposing of cups miles from home, you know the drill), I finally told DH I was going to drink whatever I wanted to in my own home. He said that was okay and even bought me the beans! Oldest kid is still trying to figure out if that is okay.

After almost 14 years of garments and hating it since day one, I told Dh I couldn't anymore. He said okay, as long as I don't judge him for continuing to wear his. I do, though, because he knows the polygamy thing is what bothers me most about them.

Went shopping at VS for the first time and hoped that the new fancy underpants would excite him. Unfortunately, I worry about how he feels about it and have a hard time changing in front of him. If anything, things have slowed down more than ever for us. I need to step up my game and get over it.

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:49 am

I have a man crush on Lady Macbeth's husband! :shock:

Give him time, he'll come around. I guarantee he'll prefer the VS over the clown panties. Just keep reminding him how excited you are to be his soulmate and you look forward to spending eternity with him.
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

ghostman

Post by ghostman » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:35 am

I have definitely rediscovered my love for iced tea. I drank it before I joined church and have restarted over the last few months.

Korihor

Post by Korihor » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:57 am

I took a fountain drink into the Chapel and enjoyed my Coke during combined Priesthood/RS yestertday.

I grudgingly let my kid pray after he told me he learned in Primary we need to pray at morning, meals and night time.

I voted for Gary Johnson

I stared a bit too long at some rather attractive WonderWoman costumes, and cleopatra costume, and fairy costume, and some girl with short short-shorts, and sexy vampire costume, and an attractive women that just happened to have a low cut shirt at just the right angle. Man, I love Halloween in Phoenix.

Meilingkie

Post by Meilingkie » Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:00 am

One of the advantages I found is I can now have a crush and not feel too bad about it.
DW always says: sniff the smell in the other's kitchen, but come eat at home.
"Getting the Mormon out of the Church is easier than getting the Mormon out of the Ex-Mormon"

document

Post by document » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:24 am

The real reason I don't date is because I sort of have a LDS woman thing but I don't want to date an LDS woman.