Responding to a request for lunch with a slap in the face

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Archimedes

Re: Responding to a request for lunch with a slap in the face

Post by Archimedes » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:09 pm

Screw it, the EQP hit you up without invitation. It does no good to play footsie with these people, being blunt and grumpy is your best approach.

Keep it up. You don't owe everyone a polite response.

Sincerely,

Arch
"She never loved you; she loved the church, her one true love. She used you to marry the church by proxy."

-- unknown reddit poster

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:02 am

Archimedes wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:09 pm
Screw it, the EQP hit you up without invitation. It does no good to play footsie with these people, being blunt and grumpy is your best approach.
At least it gives them a narrative they can fit into their neat little puzzle. "He was offended."
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Margarita

Post by Margarita » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:02 am

The thing is..kindness is a wonderful thing..but really...what you did was let yourself be yourself in being upfront, honest..and with no guile..speak your truth. I thought you did the right thing...I went in and around and under...and all I did was hurt myself and others..slowly. So I admire you. What they were inviting you too..was to shoot yourself in the foot...and the circle would have gone on and on and on.