Did anyone else get this wacky survey from the church/ward?

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Hagoth

Did anyone else get this wacky survey from the church/ward?

Post by Hagoth » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:42 pm

I'm still LMAO.

I got an email from the elders' quorum presidency asking members of the ward to take a survey. I'm not sure whether it originated in my ward or if it was simply being passed on from above. Before you start the survey makes it very clear that, of course, your answers will be completely anonymous.

You are then asked 10 questions about how willing you are to commit yourself to indexing, family history, and temple attendance.

Then at the end it asks you if you are willing to help save a puppy. I'm not making this up. If you enter your email address, 50 cents will be donated to to saving a puppy. And if that doesn't do it for you, it will also make you eligible to win $100. That sounds like a pretty Sunbeams tactic to be using on the Elders/High Priests. I realize that the last part may have been inserted by SurveyMonkey rather than the authors of the survey, but the unintentional comedic setup was priceless.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

A New Name

Re: Did anyone else get this wacky survey from the church/ward?

Post by A New Name » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:23 pm

It's your local EQP that did it. The COB has it's own survey method that does NOT use commercial non-LDS services. It is also against church rules for anybody but the COB to conduct them.

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:33 am

A New Name wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:23 pm
It's your local EQP that did it. The COB has it's own survey method that does NOT use commercial non-LDS services. It is also against church rules for anybody but the COB to conduct them.
See, I KNEW the church doesn't really care about puppies!
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Corsair

Post by Corsair » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:11 pm

Hagoth wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:42 pm
Then at the end it asks you if you are willing to help save a puppy. I'm not making this up. If you enter your email address, 50 cents will be donated to to saving a puppy. And if that doesn't do it for you, it will also make you eligible to win $100.
That puppy would not get saved if were taking this survey.

Archimedes

Post by Archimedes » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:20 pm

Let's not even get into how many kittens have been offed as a result of Mormon kids just doing what comes naturally.
"She never loved you; she loved the church, her one true love. She used you to marry the church by proxy."

-- unknown reddit poster