The subtleness of Satan?

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Red Ryder

The subtleness of Satan?

Post by Red Ryder » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:18 am

Does the Law of Chastity forbid freeway flirting?

I was driving to work this morning and passed a woman driving a really nice car. As I passed on her left, I turned my head to look over and check out the car and we caught eyes. She smiled. I smiled. I drove on.

About 2 miles further down the road and we were side by side again. No perverts, not like that. Car to car. I looked over and we exchanged smiles again. :D This happened one more time before she drifted over to her exit and got off the freeway. She had nice a nice seatbelt, sunglasses, and shoulders!

This has never happened to me before. Usually I get a glare or a middle finger depending on my speed, which depends on the music I'm listening to, which drives away the Holy Ghost 99.9% of the time. That must be why Satan was able to control the traffic and put me in the position to admire a nice car, resulting in a glance, then catch smiles with the driver. Satan works in such subtle ways!

Was this freeway flirting a sin? Was satan trying to counterfeit the road to happiness on the road to work? Does smiling at this anonymous woman invalidate the temple covenants I made? I mean not directly right? Satan works in such subtle mysterious ways that if we're not careful could lead us to invalidate our morals, ethics, and values. It could also lead to car accidents, destruction of property, and death!

Don't let satan distract you while driving!
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

slavereeno

Re: The subtleness of Satan?

Post by slavereeno » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:33 pm

God blessed me with extreme ugliness to combat the subtitles of the adversary. All my life I thought it was a curse, when it turns out its merely a "tinder mercy" from the lord.

Reuben

Post by Reuben » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:01 pm

Better be careful, dude. Ezekiel 28:18:
Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee.
Apparently, God really hates iniquitous traffic.
Learn to doubt the stories you tell about yourselves and your adversaries.

beetbox

Post by beetbox » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:50 pm

Congrats on the exciting commute. Sounds wholesome enough to me, but I guess I'm just a hopeless apostate who doesn't have the Spirit anymore, so maybe it was the devil putting a temptation in your path.

So what did you do on the second exchange? Did you give her like a cool nod? Did you flash your best Blue Steel pose? Smoochy lips?

Corsair

Post by Corsair » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:37 pm

Trafficking in iniquity sounds enjoyable. I don't think I have ever enjoyed this kind of "get out of my dreams and get into my car" experience.

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:14 pm

I never thought Santa was all that subtle. The bright red suit, big fluffy white beard, lead-reindeer with a glow-in-the-dark nose. I guess he's a bit subtle when he sneaks into folks' housees while they're asleep.

Oh, wait... :?
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

Archimedes

Post by Archimedes » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:03 pm

Did you wind up skinny dipping in the hotel swimming pool with this lovely lass?
"She never loved you; she loved the church, her one true love. She used you to marry the church by proxy."

-- unknown reddit poster

moksha

Post by moksha » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:41 am

Red Ryder wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:18 am
She had nice a nice seatbelt...
Glad you can appreciate a well-crafted set of seatbelts.

I understand Satan encourages phone usage, texting, and listening to conservative talk radio while driving. You can thwart Satan by keeping your eyes on the road and listening to All Things Considered on NPR.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

RubinHighlander

Post by RubinHighlander » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:44 am

I say fight fire with fire. I've been listening to Godsmack this week, turnt up real loud. I figure if I use the Devil's own music loud enough he'll be under the false impression he's already got me (which he just might because I don't believe in him). This frees me up to focus on the number of Subaru drivers in my way that I manage to get around. Now I'm not stereo typing, but at least 70% of those folks are right at or below the speed limit, a bit more so than other drivers (in my observations). So I wonder if Satan drives a Subaru in order to drive me crazy?
“Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.' 'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.”
--Douglas Adams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzmYP3PbfXE

2bizE

Post by 2bizE » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:20 pm

No silly, Satan isn’t real. Just made up like the tooth fairy...sounds like healthy flirting that may add some spark into your like.
This girl in the car didn’t happen to be driving a Ferrari? Did you run off the road while flirting? Were your wife and kids with you?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lz-z_TeJObU
~2bizE

hmb

Post by hmb » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:41 am

slavereeno wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:33 pm
God blessed me with extreme ugliness to combat the subtitles of the adversary. All my life I thought it was a curse, when it turns out its merely a "tinder mercy" from the lord.
Hey, me too! my Mia Maid teacher told me it was probably a blessing of protection from...you know. What a crock, and what a way to make a 16 year old feel so very much worse. I know she was trying to help, but...

Fun-flirt is not sinful. Of course you have to define flirt. If it's flirt with intent, Satan is the CEO of your little factory, and therefore sin is in your heart (and else-where :twisted: ). If it is goofing off and good for your ego, then big whoop.

Any excuse to make you feel less than...

slavereeno

Post by slavereeno » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:47 am

hmb wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:41 am
Satan is the CEO of your little factory
:lol:

NOMinally Mormon

Post by NOMinally Mormon » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:21 pm

RubinHighlander wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:44 am
I say fight fire with fire. I've been listening to
The devil went down to Kansas, looking for a soul to steal...

crazyhamster

Post by crazyhamster » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:03 pm

Sounds like you need to queue this up while you're driving to work!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kq2NH8Yinl8