Not Mormon related, but needing to talk about something awful

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
HighMaintenance

Not Mormon related, but needing to talk about something awful

Post by HighMaintenance » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:19 pm

A few years ago, my nephew married a girl and had two kids that, for lack of nicer words, went crazy. Insisted that they move away from his family, started doing heavy drugs, became very abusive to nephew and the kids.

Divorce ensued and he fought for full custody, but didn't get initially. Fast forward a couple of years, she's still abusing the kids, he's still fighting for custody, CPS involved.

He remarries and has two more kids with current wife (who is amazing) and finally gets full custody of first two kids. Yay!

Last night, ex wife is arrested and charged with homicide and child abuse of a 2 year old that "fell down the stairs" and was taken to the hospital unresponsive.

I'm devastated for the baby that this young woman, who had no business being around children, was left in her "care". Nephew did everything he could to get the police involved in the abuse she was dealing out, but they always gave her the ability to deal out more abuse on them until just recently, and now, someone else has paid a horrific price. At the same time, I'm thankful that it wasn't my nephew's kids that were killed.

Anyway, just needed to write this down. I'm just stunned. Nephew and wife had just announced they were moving back near family. Would probably be a good idea if they moved the timeline up a few months to avoid the media circus.
Somewhere on a toilet wall I read the words 'You form a line to formalize the former lies.' And I finally saw the truth - Slipknot

IT_Veteran

Re: Not Mormon related, but needing to talk about something awful

Post by IT_Veteran » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:23 pm

Damn, so sorry.

blazerb

Post by blazerb » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:27 am

I am so sorry. I can't imagine what this is like.

MoPag

Post by MoPag » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:37 am

Wow, that is just heartbreaking.
HighMaintenance wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:19 pm
Nephew did everything he could to get the police involved in the abuse she was dealing out, but they always gave her the ability to deal out more abuse on them until just recently, and now, someone else has paid a horrific price.
It's crazy when you realize how truly powerless you are to protect innocent people. I'm sure he did everything he could. What a tragedy.
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound

alas

Post by alas » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:38 am

How horrible. I am so sorry this has happened.

jfro18

Post by jfro18 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:42 am

So sorry to hear this and that your nephew has to wonder what could've been had someone listened to him. Just a horrible situation and I can't even imagine what the family of the child is going through.

Corsair

Post by Corsair » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:52 am

This is really painful and I feel for you and your family. It's times like this when I understand how believers will be "sending thoughts and prayers" because I am absolutely out of any good ideas to assist in an objective way.

HighMaintenance

Post by HighMaintenance » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:25 pm

Thank you for your kind words.

I was thinking today about how my children have had to work through the effects of their father's suicide. I think that this will definitely effect my nephew's children similarly as they grow up. They have been in counseling for the abuse and I hope that they will continue with the counseling. I'll mention that when I talk with them.
Somewhere on a toilet wall I read the words 'You form a line to formalize the former lies.' And I finally saw the truth - Slipknot