Guess who the new GD teacher is in our ward?

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
hiding in plain sight

Re: Guess who the new GD teacher is in our ward?

Post by hiding in plain sight » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:55 pm

Deepthinker wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:21 pm
ME! Just called a few weeks ago and I actually accepted. Never taught it before, ever.

First lesson last Sunday went pretty well. The next one is going to be more difficult, about the "mantle" of prophets. I'm teaching every other week, so that should help me recover better before teaching the next one.

Anyway, I may need to vent here more if things get difficult.
Good luck in the calling.

As a GD teacher for a few years after I woke up, I loved NOMing up the lessons and just being able to cut the terrible stuff out of the lesson all together. Toward the end I got tired. But for a few years it was a good experience.

Good luck.

Deepthinker

Post by Deepthinker » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:26 pm

Quick update. So far I've been doing well teaching GD every other Sunday. The topic on following the prophet was difficult, but most of them I've been able to teach in a way that I don't feel uncomfortable.

A few comments one time where family members who left were mentioned really got under my skin, but I quickly steered away from that topic.

I'm excited to only have to do once a month starting in January!

What I've noticed is that teaching the class is starting to make me care less and less about Mormonism. It's just not that important, inspiring, fascinating, or any other synonym. I feel like I'm becoming more and more detached from it all, yet I'm teaching the lessons.

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:05 pm

Deepthinker wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:26 pm
Quick update. So far I've been doing well teaching GD every other Sunday. The topic on following the prophet was difficult, but most of them I've been able to teach in a way that I don't feel uncomfortable.
Follow the prophet... find out what he's up to.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

MoPag

Post by MoPag » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:47 am

Hagoth wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:05 pm
Deepthinker wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:26 pm
Follow the prophet... find out what he's up to.
:lol: :lol: ^^

Way to go Deepthinker! I knew you'd be a great GD teacher!
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound