SM today

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Korihor

SM today

Post by Korihor » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:42 am

Talk is about joy and it's painfully boring and depressing
Reading can severely damage your ignorance.

MoPag

Re: SM today

Post by MoPag » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:00 pm

A depressing talk about joy? Wow. TBMs can ruin ANYTHING!!

Hang in there. Here is a pic of a baby tapir.
tapir.jpg
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound

Korihor

Post by Korihor » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:22 pm

I'm in EQ. I'm wearing a light green striped shirt and no tie.
Everyone else is white shirt and tie.
Reading can severely damage your ignorance.

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:46 pm

MoPag wrote:A depressing talk about joy? Wow. TBMs can ruin ANYTHING!!

Hang in there. Here is a pic of a baby tapir.
Now that is one, CUTE baby horse!
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

Vlad the Emailer

Post by Vlad the Emailer » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:06 pm

I've gotten to the point where I can barely tolerate being at church. It has given me headaches for years, but today's was worse than usual. I'm sure you all are more patient than me, as I find it almost excruciating to sit there listening to people speak so definitively of, and testify to, things you can tell they actually know little to nothing about. The same ole, same ole GA worship and "we're go grateful for JS and BY" is so frustrating I just sit, look around, and think "I'd rather be almost anywhere right now than here listening to this mind f***.

I just wish I could raise my hand in SS or PH and say, "hey, what about that essay on JS polygamy and polyandry? I mean what kind of true prophet of God says it will ensure the salvation and exaltation of her whole family to a 14 year old girl if she'll agree to marry him. Who, of any gender or age, could turn down such an opportunity, let alone someone that is practically still a child. Sounds a lot more like sexual predator than prophet to me. Any thoughts?"

:roll:
When an honest man discovers he is mistaken, he will either cease being mistaken, or cease being honest. - Anonymous

Say what you want about the sweet miracle of unquestioning faith, I consider a capacity for it terrifying. - Kurt Vonnegut

Evil_Bert

Post by Evil_Bert » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:47 pm

Our sacrament meeting made my eyes roll quite loudly. One of the speakers spoke of a terrible car accident they their family had been. Totalled car everyone banged up. It was a tender mercy from HF because the car was old and if not for that accident they could have been in a much worse accident. Seems to me that if God might have just made the car die rather than cause an accident.
Illegitimi non carborundum.

SunbeltRed

Post by SunbeltRed » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:34 am

My SM involved chopping some wood, watching football, and drinking a delicious adult beverage (or two). I'm enjoying my sabbatical.

It's true what they say; The further I distance myself from the spirit and the more I let Satan into my heart the less and less I feel having anything to do with the church. "Sinning" is a lot of fun.