Who is next in line after Bill Reel?

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Red Ryder

Who is next in line after Bill Reel?

Post by Red Ryder » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:09 pm

I'm sitting here thinking about the long line of dissidents who have been exed from the church. Some have resigned like Jeremy Runnells but others have been exed. Either way they faced church discipline. I think Bill Reel is next based on his recent announcement.
Who's next in line after Bill?

Can we come up with a top 10 list?

1. Bill Reel
2. Sam Young
3. Consiglieri/Radio Free Mormon
4. Dan Reynolds - Imagine Dragons; Unbeliever
5. ?

There's Lindsey Hanson Park, but I don't think she's really on the radar as she doesn't fight the church but rather embraces Mormonism from all angles and offshoots. Does she fit on the list? I dunno. Probably not?

I don't listen to too many mormon themed podcasts anymore so I don't know who to consider other than Bill and Consig. They are already on the list.

All of the "famous" exmos have either resigned or have already been exed, right?

What about the Crazy Mormons? Like Julie Rowe? She went quiet or underground, right?

I'm not plugged into or familiar with many of the feminists. Dr. Kristy Money? Is she still around making waves? What about remnants of Ordain Women?

Thinking out loud here....
Intellectuals? I'm stumped.
Gay rights activists? Dan Reynolds! Added to the list above.

Hmmm..... This is harder than I thought. Let's look back at the bubble chart?

“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

2bizE

Re: Who is next in line after Bill Reel?

Post by 2bizE » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:13 pm

I’m guessing Robert Norman’s brother.
I think Sam Young may be high on the list.
I hope Joseph Bishop.
I secretly hope for another GA.
I doubt Dan Reynolds.
I sense a high profile Mormon will resign membership. Someone like Steve Young or the tattoo lady, or a senator.
Perhaps, one of us.
~2bizE

jfro18

Post by jfro18 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:54 pm

I secretly hope the church goes out and just exes a few high profile people close together, but I think they're smart enough to spread it out and try to suck the air out of the people getting exed.

I have been listening to a lot of podcasts lately and wonder about people like the guys on Infants on Thrones. I believe only one has resigned so far, but I don't know that any of them by themselves are worth going after. Bill Reel I think they want gone because he tries to play it both ways while he really twists the knife, so I think that they view that as more threatening to members than people who are directly upfront that they think the church is a lie.

We'll see.. I can only hope to get exed one day. It'll never happen, but I'd welcome it just to get the chance to let them know what a complete fraudtheir beliefs are.

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:45 pm

2bizE wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:13 pm
I hope Joseph Bishop.
But not until they run out of ways to hide/protect him. On the other hand if he had assaulted heterosexual male missionaries he would have been out the door in an instant
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Arcturus

Post by Arcturus » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:49 pm

Highly doubt Dan Reynolds. Public scrutiny would be too high, and it appears that the COB is approaching PR very seriously these days.

What was the tipping point, do you think, for Bill? Calling Jeff Holland a liar?
“How valuable is a faith that is dependent on the maintenance of ignorance? If faith can only thrive in the absence of the knowledge of its origins, history, and competing theological concepts, then what is it we really have to hold on to?”
D Brisbin

Brent

Post by Brent » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:03 pm

(Closes eyes, crosses fingers, mumbling in a low voice) "David Archuleta...please God...David Archuleta...."

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:16 pm

Brent wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:03 pm
(Closes eyes, crosses fingers, mumbling in a low voice) "David Archuleta...please God...David Archuleta...."
Ha ha ha!

Now that was funny!
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:57 pm

Red Ryder wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:16 pm
Brent wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:03 pm
Ha ha ha!

Now that was funny!
Yes, thanks for the smile.
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

Thoughtful

Post by Thoughtful » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:00 pm

Red Ryder wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:09 pm
I'm sitting here thinking about the long line of dissidents who have been exed from the church. Some have resigned like Jeremy Runnells but others have been exed. Either way they faced church discipline. I think Bill Reel is next based on his recent announcement.

1. Bill Reel
2. Sam Young
5. ?

There's Lindsey Hanson Park, but I don't think she's really on the radar as she doesn't fight the church but rather embraces Mormonism from all angles and offshoots. Does she fit on the list? I dunno. Probably not?

I don't listen to too many mormon themed podcasts anymore so I don't know who to consider other than Bill and Consig. They are already on the list.

All of the "famous" exmos have either resigned or have already been exed, right?

What about the Crazy Mormons? Like Julie Rowe? She went quiet or underground, right?

I'm not plugged into or familiar with many of the feminists. Dr. Kristy Money? Is she still around making waves? What about remnants of Ordain Women?

Gina Colvin, Natasha Parker,

FiveFingerMnemonic

Post by FiveFingerMnemonic » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:20 am

I miss Julie Rowe being in the news. We need more like her convincing members that healing crystals work and people need tents for the impending doom. The bigger the crazy the better.

Corsair

Post by Corsair » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:33 am

FiveFingerMnemonic wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:20 am
I miss Julie Rowe being in the news. We need more like her convincing members that healing crystals work and people need tents for the impending doom. The bigger the crazy the better.
The next Denver Snuffer needs to show up and make some news. Maybe I should change my picture and publish my real name. Do they excommunicate guys named Brian?

MoPag

Post by MoPag » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:49 am

Thoughtful wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:00 pm
Red Ryder wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:09 pm

1. Bill Reel
2. Sam Young
5. ?

Gina Colvin, Natasha Parker,
I think they technically could ex Gina. She did officially join anther church. But I remember her saying on FB that her SP isn't going to ex her.
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound

Deepthinker

Post by Deepthinker » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:22 pm

My guess is Sam Young will be next.

Where is Bill Reel's announcement? I couldn't find it.

2bizE

Post by 2bizE » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:16 pm

What ever happened to that woman who had the blog about white supremacy? Her blog was like “ablessedwife” or something similar?
~2bizE

Not Buying It

Post by Not Buying It » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:57 am

Who's next? Us, if the Church gets desperate enough. It's not the big news people who are killing the Church with a thousand cuts - its the individual members on the ground like you and me who figure it out and disengage one at a time. Most members of any given ward have no idea who John Dehlin or Jeremy Renner are - but our ward members know each of us here. Most members couldn't care less who Bill Reel is, but when one of us drops out they have to think about it. And we impact our friends and family far more than some stranger who is occasionally in the news with a little notoriety for being a thorn in the Church's side. They already do what they can to marginalize us - if they feel threatened enough they will go beyond that.

I think if the Church gets desperate enough it will start cracking down on individual dissenters at the ward level. After all, that's what's really hurting it. The increased scrutiny of individual members has already begun with "ministering", and that is part of the reason I opted out of it.
"The truth is elegantly simple. The lie needs complex apologia. 4 simple words: Joe made it up. It answers everything with the perfect simplicity of Occam's Razor. Every convoluted excuse withers." - Some guy on Reddit called disposazelph

MoPag

Post by MoPag » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:30 am

2bizE wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:16 pm
What ever happened to that woman who had the blog about white supremacy? Her blog was like “ablessedwife” or something similar?
I think she resigned after the church said it doesn't support white supremacy, because she felt like they were being racist against white people. :? :lol: :roll:
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound

græy

Post by græy » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:25 am

Not Buying It wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:57 am
Most members of any given ward have no idea who John Dehlin or Jeremy Renner are
LOL, Do you mean Jeremy Runnells? Although the idea of John Dehlin and Jeremy Renner teaming up to fight Mormonism sounds like the Marvel movie we need to explain where Hawkeye has been during the recent MCU events. :lol: :D
Most members couldn't care less who Bill Reel is, but when one of us drops out they have to think about it. And we impact our friends and family far more than some stranger who is occasionally in the news with a little notoriety for being a thorn in the Church's side.
A few years ago, three believed-to-be TBM families left our ward and the church within 6 or so months of each other. It really threw a lot of people for a loop. I was far to TBM at the time to really question anything, or even ask them directly, and I'm sad to say that I haven't really been in contact with any of them since then. I wish I knew then what I know now, it could have led to some good conversations with a lot of people.
Well, I'm better than dirt! Ah, well... most kinds of dirt; not that fancy store-bought dirt; that stuff is loaded with nutrients. I can't compete with that stuff. -Moe Sizlack

Not Buying It

Post by Not Buying It » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:03 am

græy wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:25 am
Not Buying It wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:57 am
Most members of any given ward have no idea who John Dehlin or Jeremy Renner are
LOL, Do you mean Jeremy Runnells? Although the idea of John Dehlin and Jeremy Renner teaming up to fight Mormonism sounds like the Marvel movie we need to explain where Hawkeye has been during the recent MCU events. :lol: :D
Ha! That's hilarious. My bad. But it does kind of make my point - if I can't even remember his name right, you can be sure most members can't.
"The truth is elegantly simple. The lie needs complex apologia. 4 simple words: Joe made it up. It answers everything with the perfect simplicity of Occam's Razor. Every convoluted excuse withers." - Some guy on Reddit called disposazelph

StarbucksMom

Post by StarbucksMom » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:23 am

Double post
Last edited by StarbucksMom on Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.

StarbucksMom

Post by StarbucksMom » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:24 am

FiveFingerMnemonic wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:20 am
What ever did happen to Julie Rowe? How do you say all that wacko stuff, give seminars about it, write books and a blog about the end of days....and nothing happens??? And you just shrug your shoulders and say "oops never mind"??? I would be too humiliated to ever show my face in public again. I would live in a cave.
MoPag wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:30 am
[quote=2bizE post_id=43958 time=<a href="tel:1533165407">1533165407</a> user_id=107]

I think she resigned after the church said it doesn't support white supremacy, because she felt like they were being racist against white people. :? :lol: :roll:
Are you serious? Did she really resign?