I'm being hunted

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
slavereeno

I'm being hunted

Post by slavereeno » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:36 pm

The eqp is trying to track me down to do a ministering interview. I'm not sure what to do with this. I don't want to do ministering I don't want to be ministered to. and I certainly don't want to have an interview about Ministring. the problem is if I try to duck this for too long he'll reach out to my wife. This would be a bad thing. So I suppose I can meet with him tell him I really haven't done anything for ministering and then just be done with it. at which point I suppose he'll try to commit me to doing more which I have no intention of doing.

I don't know I wish I could just up and resign but that's not in the cards yet.

GoodBoy

Re: I'm being hunted

Post by GoodBoy » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:09 am

I can just share what I did, which was to be passive aggressive for a while. Just don't answer phone calls, ignore texts and emails, be wishy washy, if he corners you just kind of shrug your shoulders. Or you can go visit people for a while or call them on the phone and see how they are doing. There is nothing wrong with trying to help someone else. Or you can just politely tell them that you don't do that without any explanation.
Always been the good kid, but I wanted to know more, and to find and test truth.

Dravin

Post by Dravin » Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:48 am

slavereeno wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:36 pm
So I suppose I can meet with him tell him I really haven't done anything for ministering and then just be done with it. at which point I suppose he'll try to commit me to doing more which I have no intention of doing.
Why meet with him to tell him this? It doesn't sound like something that would require a meeting, just call him up, email him, text him, or tell him in the hallway at church to inform him.
Hindsight is all well and good... until you trip.

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:39 am

Just tell him it’s going great and the new program is awesome.

I’ve done absolutely nothing and so this is true for me. But now I’m sad I haven’t been hunted.
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

græy

Post by græy » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:42 am

I guess that's a perk of being in the bishopric. Technically, bishopric members are supposed to be exempt from specific ministering assignments. I suppose that's to allow us extra time for the myriad of bishopric visits. But in his wisdom our SP decided we needed the opportunity to serve specific families.

Our EQP have even thought to interview any of us for interviews. Maybe we're above suspicion?

FEIW, I agree with Red Ryder. Just tell EQP that it's going great and don't elaborate. Maybe check that you know the names of your families in case that comes up.
Well, I'm better than dirt! Ah, well... most kinds of dirt; not that fancy store-bought dirt; that stuff is loaded with nutrients. I can't compete with that stuff. -Moe Sizlack

Archimedes

Post by Archimedes » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:50 am

Tell him you have a new policy in your life that eliminates time-wasting meetings.

Or maybe a simple "no, thank you" might do the trick.
"She never loved you; she loved the church, her one true love. She used you to marry the church by proxy."

-- unknown reddit poster

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:35 am

Who remembers the Giant Sloth Blank Stare™, and can explain it better than me? :mrgreen:

(It could be a highly useful tool in this situation.)
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

FiveFingerMnemonic

Post by FiveFingerMnemonic » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:36 pm

Single word question responses followed by uncomfortable silence.

EQP: So how are your families doing?
You: fine
-Pause for discomfort-
EQP: Have you managed to visit them lately?
You: Yes
-Pause for discomfort-

dogbite

Post by dogbite » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:40 pm

Glad I bailed under the HT administration and so am ignored for this new pogrom.
Yes that is purposeful spelling. This is a monitoring and conformance program to control the lower members by the lower members. If you see something, say something.

slavereeno

Post by slavereeno » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:02 pm

græy wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:42 am
Maybe check that you know the names of your families in case that comes up.
:lol:

Update: Sent a text and begged out of the meeting, said to let me know if there are specific needs for family X.

Dravin

Post by Dravin » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:16 pm

Red Ryder wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:39 am
Just tell him it’s going great and the new program is awesome.

I’ve done absolutely nothing and so this is true for me. But now I’m sad I haven’t been hunted.
Hindsight is all well and good... until you trip.

Archimedes

Post by Archimedes » Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:54 am

LoL.

The Ministering will continue until morale improves.
"She never loved you; she loved the church, her one true love. She used you to marry the church by proxy."

-- unknown reddit poster

græy

Post by græy » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:09 am

slavereeno wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:02 pm
græy wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:42 am
Maybe check that you know the names of your families in case that comes up.
:lol:

Update: Sent a text and begged out of the meeting, said to let me know if there are specific needs for family X.
Crisis averted. Nicely handled. :)
Well, I'm better than dirt! Ah, well... most kinds of dirt; not that fancy store-bought dirt; that stuff is loaded with nutrients. I can't compete with that stuff. -Moe Sizlack