It's official: Sam Young is excommunicated

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Not Buying It

Re: It's official: Sam Young is excommunicated

Post by Not Buying It » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:19 am

Now you all know that some brave soul on the High Council - or somebody who was there anyway - recorded part of the Council of Love and gave it to New Name Noah, who promptly made it public, right? Here's the link, get it before the Church finds a way to kill it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwQwQUN ... e=youtu.be
"The truth is elegantly simple. The lie needs complex apologia. 4 simple words: Joe made it up. It answers everything with the perfect simplicity of Occam's Razor. Every convoluted excuse withers." - Some guy on Reddit called disposazelph

stealthbishop

Post by stealthbishop » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:12 am

Not Buying It wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:17 am
stealthbishop wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:50 am
Sam knew that this was highly likely but he cared more about children than his membership and was willing to take the risk. He turned himself into an outcast (Samaritan) in order to end this disgusting practice of asking children if they masturbate (and much much worse in many cases) behind closed doors. He believed in it so strongly he used his retirement savings to take this action. He has unbelievable courage. And I believe he has checkmated the church. They have nowhere else to move on this issue. This practice will end one way or another. One person can make a difference but the cost is that you become a leper to your tribe. A true prophet is without honor in their own tribe.
Stealth! Is that really you? If so, it has been far too long. Glad you are still around.

And second that on Sam - he paid the price I personally have not been willing to pay in my little part of the world. Sam will always be a hero to me.
It is ME NBI!!!!! So good to see a familiar face again!!!!

Yeah, he is a hero for sure. Good guy who sacrificed more than people realize.
"Take second best
Put me to the test
Things on your chest
You need to confess"

-Depeche Mode

stealthbishop

Post by stealthbishop » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:16 am

alas wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:16 am
stealthbishop wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:50 am
Sam knew that this was highly likely but he cared more about children than his membership and was willing to take the risk. He turned himself into an outcast (Samaritan) in order to end this disgusting practice of asking children if they masturbate (and much much worse in many cases) behind closed doors. He believed in it so strongly he used his retirement savings to take this action. He has unbelievable courage. And I believe he has checkmated the church. They have nowhere else to move on this issue. This practice will end one way or another. One person can make a difference but the cost is that you become a leper to your tribe. A true prophet is without honor in their own tribe.
Good to see you stealth.

My brother texted me, “Does the current prophet understand that Caiaphus was prophet of the church during the time of Jesus?”

That about sums it up.
Ahhhh ALAS! Amazing to see you! Learned A LOT from you over the years.

Caiaphus--yup. Accurate. Way accurate. Protect the hierarchy and power and status quo.

I must say--you have been at ground zero on the issue of children and these interviews for a long time.

Really good to see you my friend! :)
"Take second best
Put me to the test
Things on your chest
You need to confess"

-Depeche Mode

stealthbishop

Post by stealthbishop » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:17 am

Not Buying It wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:19 am
Now you all know that some brave soul on the High Council - or somebody who was there anyway - recorded part of the Council of Love and gave it to New Name Noah, who promptly made it public, right? Here's the link, get it before the Church finds a way to kill it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwQwQUN ... e=youtu.be
I loved how the recorder's name is "Alma". Nice reference to Abinidai and the priests of King Noah. Perhaps someone on the High Council of that court will take up Sam's mantle?
"Take second best
Put me to the test
Things on your chest
You need to confess"

-Depeche Mode

Just This Guy

Post by Just This Guy » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:39 pm

If the recording is genuine, whoever recorded it has balls.

According to Sam Young, he claims he has a source in the COB that says the church is planning to update youth interview policy again. I can't help but think that this could have been a excellent chance to get good PR and to place nice to several groups of members.

If I were int he PR department, I would take the following approach.

First, DOno't Ex Sam. Keep in him in and say the COL was a big mistake. Next make a statement that like Emma Smith and the WoW, Sam has asked a question of the church and they have taken it to the lord. In response they have received revelation for new, strong protections for both leaders and children and they are going to take Sam's advice for new policies regarding youth interviews.

1. It would give TBM members new revelation that shows they do commune with the divine.
2. It would give the Sam Young followers that they were pushing for.
3. It would show a reference to the root of the church that the Denver Snuffer followers are saying they are no longer following.

But no, they take the stupid path that ex him, playing into the notions across the board that the church is actively trying to protect abusers at the expense of their victims.

Either the PR department is useless and clueless, complete yes-men, or completely ignored. It could be a combo of those as well.
"The story so far: In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -- Douglas Adams

Just This Guy

Post by Just This Guy » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:40 pm

"The story so far: In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -- Douglas Adams

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:45 am

stealthbishop wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:17 am
I loved how the recorder's name is "Alma". Nice reference to Abinidai and the priests of King Noah. Perhaps someone on the High Council of that court will take up Sam's mantle?
I'm sure I'm not the first to do this but here, I made something for you Stealth.
AbiniSam.jpg
AbiniSam.jpg (174.79 KiB) Viewed 4156 times
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

stealthbishop

Post by stealthbishop » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:20 am

Hagoth wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:45 am
stealthbishop wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:17 am
I'm sure I'm not the first to do this but here, I made something for you Stealth.
AbiniSam.jpg
Woomp! There it is! Nice!!!!
"Take second best
Put me to the test
Things on your chest
You need to confess"

-Depeche Mode