"Why I Left" Map

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
StarbucksMom

"Why I Left" Map

Post by StarbucksMom » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:06 am

Has amyone seen this?
https://whyileft.herokuapp.com

It's a worldwide map of people (smiley faces) who have left Mormonism and if you click on a face, their reason for leaving pops up. I enjoyed reading some of the Spanish ones (I served a mission in Guatemala). Weirdly, none of the European ones I quickly read were in a foreign language.

Anyway, thought I'd share.

profit_seizer

Re: "Why I Left" Map

Post by profit_seizer » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:56 am

Just added my pin. Thank you for sharing!
"The history of human thought recalls the swinging of a pendulum which takes centuries to swing. After a long period of slumber comes a moment of awakening." —Peter Kropotkin

Corsair

Post by Corsair » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:01 am

I put my mark on the map a couple of years ago. I check back in occasionally hoping to see another ward member plant their flag. Nothing yet, but I'm patient.

alas

Post by alas » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:41 am

Corsair wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:01 am
I put my mark on the map a couple of years ago. I check back in occasionally hoping to see another ward member plant their flag. Nothing yet, but I'm patient.
Someone who is in my old ward boundaries (last place I would know anyone from church) put one up, but there is no way to know who it is. It could be anyone of ten or so houses, and no way to know if they are the angry exmo who lived next door to us either.

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:29 am

StarbucksMom wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:06 am
Has anyone seen this?
https://whyileft.herokuapp.com
Yep, I'm still there...

profit_seizer wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:56 am
Just added my pin. Thank you for sharing!
Hey neighbor! (Just kidding. One can wish, no?)
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

jfro18

Post by jfro18 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:38 am

Just added mine... doubt anyone will ever see it, but it's now there. Amazingly enough there are two nearby - both from 2016... I'm in Illinois so far from the heavily Mormon areas. One of them just says "brutally boring" for the reason. :lol:

RubinHighlander

Post by RubinHighlander » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:41 pm

Thanks for the tip, just added my pin.
“Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.' 'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.”
--Douglas Adams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzmYP3PbfXE

w2mz

Post by w2mz » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:37 pm

So, let’s say that hypothetically someone added a pin but accidentally marked the wrong house. Ya, I’m that dumbass. I couldn’t find a way to move it or delete it. Anyone know? I do know the people in the house I tagged and they are as TBM as you can imagine. They would be mortified to know this tag was there.

Any thoughts as to how to fix or a contact link?
The church has engineered your eternal family into a commodity that can be purchased with an annual fee. The fact that full tithing payment is a requirement for saving ordinances is the biggest red flag imaginable. Hagoth

Just This Guy

Post by Just This Guy » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:54 pm

Added mine.
"The story so far: In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -- Douglas Adams

Random

Post by Random » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:15 pm

w2mz wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:37 pm
So, let’s say that hypothetically someone added a pin but accidentally marked the wrong house. Ya, I’m that dumbass. I couldn’t find a way to move it or delete it. Anyone know? I do know the people in the house I tagged and they are as TBM as you can imagine. They would be mortified to know this tag was there.

Any thoughts as to how to fix or a contact link?
I don't think there's a way - but they do say you can pin another place. Someone else in my household had already pinned our place, so I pinned nearby.
There are 2 Gods. One who created us. The other you created. The God you made up is just like you-thrives on flattery-makes you live in fear.

Believe in the God who created us. And the God you created should be abolished.
PK