Social Media Blast Idea

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
profit_seizer

Social Media Blast Idea

Post by profit_seizer » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:07 am

I am pretty miffed about Oaks's talk and the "social media fast" that is going to keep a bunch of TBMs from having exposure to counter-narratives, so I did that bravest of all things and made a poast on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/exmormon/comme ... dia_blast/

lmk what you think.
"The history of human thought recalls the swinging of a pendulum which takes centuries to swing. After a long period of slumber comes a moment of awakening." —Peter Kropotkin

Red Ryder

Re: Social Media Blast Idea

Post by Red Ryder » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:11 am

Meh...

Let the bigots be bigots and the sheep be sheep!

ProLifeTip:

There's a really big beautiful world outside of Mormonism. Your mission of you choose to accept it is to go have fun and enjoy life! It's the only one we've got!
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

profit_seizer

Re: Social Media Blast Idea

Post by profit_seizer » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:24 pm

No I get it but also I want my well-meaning but still somehow TBM friends to get out. Once you've tasted the fruit of not going to church, don't you want to share it? :)
"The history of human thought recalls the swinging of a pendulum which takes centuries to swing. After a long period of slumber comes a moment of awakening." —Peter Kropotkin