Oaks Saturday morning talk.

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
stealthbishop

Re: Oaks Saturday morning talk.

Post by stealthbishop » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:25 am

The Beast wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:21 am
Bearing the BKP torch as grumpily as ya pleez.

So good to see you BEAST!!! Everytime I listen to the Fixx I think of you! I LOVE the Fixx!

You nailed it. Exactly. He is the neo-BKP.
"Take second best
Put me to the test
Things on your chest
You need to confess"

-Depeche Mode

slavereeno

Post by slavereeno » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:53 am

Fast and Testimony Mtg. was a poo parade of Oaks gushing. They all talked about how much the LOVED this talk and how they got the feels of the spirit and the like. :roll:

lostinmiddlemormonism

Post by lostinmiddlemormonism » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:00 am

slavereeno wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:53 am
Fast and Testimony Mtg. was a poo parade of Oaks gushing. They all talked about how much the LOVED this talk and how they got the feels of the spirit and the like. :roll:
Glad I'm not in your ward. I would have had to rebut those comments, and THAT would have not been pretty for anyone concerned.

slavereeno

Post by slavereeno » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:26 am

lostinmiddlemormonism wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:00 am
slavereeno wrote:
Glad I'm not in your ward. I would have had to rebut those comments, and THAT would have not been pretty for anyone concerned.
One sixteen year old YM, said something along these lines:
My favorite talk was by Elder Oaks, he really laid down the law and I like it when they do that, lay down the law for us. He also talked about where we get our information because there are a lot of places to get the wrong information...
I tried to sit out for hour 3 and ended up having a conversation with both the 1st and 2nd councilors in the BP. I suspect that I am now a project, I hope I am not just being paranoid. I say that because we have had either DW or I in youth interviews now for the past year or so, and I have sat through maybe one 3rd hour in the past 6 months, and we have turned down multiple speaking requests.

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:30 am

slavereeno wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:26 am
lostinmiddlemormonism wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:00 am
slavereeno wrote:
One sixteen year old YM, said something along these lines:
My favorite talk was by Elder Oaks, he really laid down the law and I like it when they do that, lay down the law for us. He also talked about where we get our information because there are a lot of places to get the wrong information...
I tried to sit out for hour 3 and ended up having a conversation with both the 1st and 2nd councilors in the BP. I suspect that I am now a project, I hope I am not just being paranoid. I say that because we have had either DW or I in youth interviews now for the past year or so, and I have sat through maybe one 3rd hour in the past 6 months, and we have turned down multiple speaking requests.
I'm not a doctor so I'm not going to stick a testimony thermometer up your butt, but those symptoms would suggest your testimony is sick.

It's highly contagious too.
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:39 pm

stealthbishop wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:22 am
I'm aware that this talk is already being weaponized is several wards. Whether he realizes it or not he may as well be literally sticking a dagger in the heart of LGBTQ+ Mormon youth.
He's either too stupid to realize this, or too self righteous to admit it. Either way, it doesn't seem that he cares. People who don't fit his mold are merely collateral damage.

I'd love the opportunity to look him in the eye while shaking his hand and say: "Hello Mr. Oaks, you have blood on your hands." And then simply walk away.
stealthbishop wrote:
More bad news: He will be the next prophet and will likely be there for 10 years or more. He has gone 'all in' on this issue so the likelihood of him walking this back is extremely low.
[SHUDDER]
stealthbishop wrote:
The good news (if there is any): I think after he is gone, I see signs that things will improve in this area.
You really think so? Oaks will likely out-live Ballard, so that puts Holland next after Oaks. Will Holland be better?

Then Holland will likely outlive Eyring. It's likely that CrEyring won't get his day to in the Corporate Sole CEO throne. (Sniff...)

Next in line: The Silver Fox™! He's actually older than Holland, so I guess he'll be praying hard for Holland to die early if he wants to rule at all. I know there are many folks both inside and outside mormonism who would love to see Uchdorf in charge, and his track record looks decent (at least better than his buddies,) but the numbers are not in his favor.

And after that: Darth Bednar. He will likely reign with blood and horror for many years. If any improvement on social issues happens before Bednar takes over, he'll set things back hundreds of years.

Even bigger [SHUDDER]

If Holland is the biggest chance of improvement, I really don't have much hope. The track record for most of these old bigots is dismal. :(

I also hope I'm wrong...
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

GoodBoy

Post by GoodBoy » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:29 pm

It amazes me how closed minded he is. He must live in a very tiny world indeed.
Always been the good kid, but I wanted to know more, and to find and test truth.

Sheamus Moore

Post by Sheamus Moore » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:09 pm

slavereeno wrote:
They all talked about how much the LOVED this talk and how they got the feels of the spirit and the like. :roll:
Is this the same thing as getting felt up by the spirit?

slavereeno

Post by slavereeno » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:38 am

Red Ryder wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:30 am
I'm not a doctor so I'm not going to stick a testimony thermometer up your butt, but those symptoms would suggest your testimony is sick.

It's highly contagious too.
I wish it was more contagious, I guess I am in "quarantine" though, so I shouldn't expect much.

slavereeno

Post by slavereeno » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:39 am

Sheamus Moore wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:09 pm
slavereeno wrote:
They all talked about how much the LOVED this talk and how they got the feels of the spirit and the like. :roll:
Is this the same thing as getting felt up by the spirit?
:lol:

The Beast

Post by The Beast » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:57 pm

stealthbishop wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:25 am
The Beast wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:21 am
Bearing the BKP torch as grumpily as ya pleez.

So good to see you BEAST!!! Everytime I listen to the Fixx I think of you! I LOVE the Fixx!

You nailed it. Exactly. He is the neo-BKP.
Hey Stealth! Sorry it took me so long to see your comment. Glad you're around and kicking!
Are you on the square? Are you on the level?