Mormon as a "Devil Word"

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
moksha

Mormon as a "Devil Word"

Post by moksha » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:28 am

I may not agree with President Nelson that Mormon is a "Devil word", but I accept his right to declare it to be such. Members are going to need to restock their library shelves with books devoid of the word Mormon. Not sure what they will rename their main book.

It would be interesting to do the Salem Witch trial dunking test to see if the Book of Mormon, Mormon Doctrine, and the complete works of Dr. Daniel C. Peterson were heavier than a duck.

So, what are your opinions on this new "Devil word"?
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Hagoth

Re: Mormon as a "Devil Word"

Post by Hagoth » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:20 pm

I guess that's pretty much the last nail in the coffin for Mormon Doctrine, huh?
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

lostinmiddlemormonism

Post by lostinmiddlemormonism » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:24 pm

And the Book of he who shall not be named: another testament of JESUS H CHRIST!

Corsair

Post by Corsair » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:27 pm

moksha wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:28 am
I may not agree with President Nelson that Mormon is a "Devil word", but I accept his right to declare it to be such. Members are going to need to restock their library shelves with books devoid of the word Mormon.
You bring up a good point. I just grabbed a random book associated with the "Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints" off my shelf and I can happily note that it does not have a title that contains that offensive word:

That's pretty impressive for a book published in 1967. It's great to see that John L. Lund had the foresight to provide a book title that would not clash with the words of a modern prophet 50 years in the future.

RubinHighlander

Post by RubinHighlander » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:26 pm

moksha wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:28 am
I may not agree with President Nelson that Mormon is a "Devil word", but I accept his right to declare it to be such. Members are going to need to restock their library shelves with books devoid of the word Mormon. Not sure what they will rename their main book.
This summer we finally went through all boxes and shelves and have finally purged our home of all Mormon religious books, CDs, lesson manuals, cassette tapes (yup, I"m old), etc. So I guess we have a head start on this. But, fortunately, nothing new from the COB will be going on our shelves the remainder of our days. Not one more penny into their coffers...unless of course they are skimming tax revenue off the state liquor stores, distilleries and breweries. Oh that I had all the $$ I spent on all that crap and all the tithing $$ back and invested in the MJ stock ticker! That stock has been going gang busters the past couple of years!
“Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.' 'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.”
--Douglas Adams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzmYP3PbfXE

2bizE

Post by 2bizE » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:51 pm

This whole Mormon thing is a test to see who will comply. I wont. I suspect many TBMs are also rolling their eyes at it. The media outside of Bonneville Communications could care less and see it only as a IHOP-like joke.
It will be forgotten soon.
~2bizE